Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I don't get how crusty some are that not everyone loved Aquaman. And I say this as someone who loved Aquaman.

Like, maybe people just have different opinions.

And I'm sure that most people are going to be just fine with Aquaman making 1b. Heck, even if someone hated it the chances are that between the 2 sets of Minions crap, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, Michael Bay's nausea-inducing robot fights, Beauty and the Beast and the Jurassic flipping World movies it wouldn't get into anyones list of the 5 worst movies to have made that much money. 

21 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I think Shazam will be huge.

It could be extremely profitable, but Disney is spending a ton of money to promote the more expensive Captain Marvel; it sure to make $1B (especially if she appears in the next Endgame trailer).

It's incredible how insecure and resentful CBM fanboys/fangirls are. Those movies make a truckload of money at the box-office and still they find time to lead witch hunts and mob punishment after any perceived detractors and negative opinions about their favourite movies.

Imagine being an Avatar fan and see that movie being shitted upon by the internet (including CBM fanboys and those bloggers they rag about all alike) for almost 10 years straight up until 2020. Yet, I never see any Avatar fans collectively going on a pathetic crusade online boiling over any negative opinions that must be placated when all of this online charade is overly clickbait driven. Because defending a blockbuster on the internet like your life depends on it is utterly futile and frivolous. Numbers speak for themselves and negativity, no matter how pesky one find that to deal with, is par for the course that you won't ever "eliminate".

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

It could be extremely profitable, but Disney is spending a ton of money to promote the more expensive Captain Marvel; it sure to make $1B (especially if she appears in the next Endgame trailer).

I think CM has the Billy in the bag.

I think Shazam may do it too........4 quadrants.

8 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I think CM has the Billy in the bag.

I think Shazam may do it too........4 quadrants.

I dare someone to open a club, every Marvel and DC CBM in 2019 over 1B WW. 

Edited by DMan7

Just now, Napoleon said:

There's a big different between Shazam and the other successful DCEU movies: he is not a well known character, and the movie was not produced by the Snyders.

Snyders influence non-existent in this movie, could it therefore be a flop?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I dare someone to open a club, every Marvel and DC CBM in 2019 over 1B WW. 

Club qualifications:

• cute?
    • + 1 obligatory youth hire
  • musical?
    • + 1 billboards's top # = overplayed on the radio 
  • diverse ensemble?
    • + 1 audience represented via crayon box of archetypes not necessarily race/nationality
  • visuals / action you can't find elsewhere?
    • +1 for having a genre unto themselves
  • How much of the movie's content is advertising well?
    • + 1 for every person/place/thing is a commercial

All this to suggest Homecoming & Shazam! come closest to check off at least 3/5. Neither inevitably will.