Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Disney knows what the audiences want to see. Disney turns nobodies like Captain Marvel into the biggest successes while WB takes characters like Batman and Superman and make them into nobodies no one wants to see. 

WB has no clue what people want, that is why they hired Snyder to tank DC movies while Marvel only hires competetent people. 

You are so bad at this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't think Disney is any more evil then other corporations, they are just more successful;they do it better (as far as making money goes).

And they are not as all powerful as people think. The Disney conspiracy theories are pure crap.

All corporations engage in shady business practices, but I think the reason Disney in particular gets singled out is because they try to pass themselves off as this squeaky clean family company that’s full of people who don’t have a mean bone in their bodies. That and, a lot of people apparently think they stand for social justice, because of Kathleen Kennedy and Brie Larson. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Disney knows what the audiences want to see. Disney turns nobodies like Captain Marvel into the biggest successes while WB takes characters like Batman and Superman and make them into nobodies no one wants to see. 

WB has no clue what people want, that is why they hired Snyder to tank DC movies while Marvel only hires competetent people. 

I see you have been out of town when Wonder Woman and Aquaman came out.........

Warners made some huge changes at DC Studios after the Snyder Experience, and so far it seems to be paying off.

In  the end, it's about hiring the right people. DC appears to be doing that.

IMHO the big mistake they made after BVS was not removing Snyder as director of JL What happened with BvS showed people were not buying into Snyder vision for the DCU, and they should have replaced him. Only allowing one month between BVS opening and starting the filming of JL was dumb. They needed to allow some time to see what the reaction to BVS was and make adjustments, but they did not, and were sort of stuck with Snyder as director without time to ease him out. IMHO they should have bit the bullet and removed him,

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean I don't like their transparent marketing for CM as a triumph for women.

I guess i do agree that their marketing campaign was a bit on the nose/try hard (if that is something you can say in english :) ).

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

You are so bad at this. 

I love the way he assumes that DC Studios have not changed since BvS, when there have been some huge shake ups, and Snyder has pretty much bee n kicked upstairs to a "courtesy" producer credit;he gets his name on the credits but has no real power.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chuck0 said:

I guess i do agree that their marketing campaign was a bit on the nose/try hard (if that is something you can say in english :) ).

Although they have the occasional failure,as every studio marketing department does, Disney probably has the best marketing department in the business.

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

All corporations engage in shady business practices, but I think the reason Disney in particular gets singled out is because they try to pass themselves off as this squeaky clean family company full of people who don’t have a mean bone in their bodies. ...

yeah, i agree with this. Disney has a very "clean" and "proper" image that it is trying to cultivate very heavily.

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's all about the execution. GL was trying to be what WW and Aquaman were, but failed miserably.

I only hear or read that in reference to the previous script's ambition. It was way worse back then outside of Batman with movies like that, JonahWILDWILDWESTHex & SuperSOLOman Returns.

Edited by 2kt09

59 minutes ago, LordNox said:

DC has been reduced to nothing by Marvel.

DCEU movies average over $320 million domestic, it's one of the most popular franchises currently. It doesn't have to be number 1 to be "something". No one makes movies as popular as James Cameron's, but that doesn't turn every other filmmaker a "nobody".

DC is having a fantastic run at the box office, there was only one misstep (Justice League), but every other DCEU movie has been received with immense love from audiences worldwide, and they are only becoming more popular.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

DCEU movies average over $320 million domestic, it's one of the most popular franchises currently. It doesn't have to be number 1 to be "something". No one makes movies as popular as James Cameron's, but that doesn't turn every other filmmaker a "nobody".

DC is having a fantastic run at the box office, there was only one misstep (Justice League), but every other DCEU movie has been received with immense love from audiences worldwide, and they are only becoming more popular.

When I see BvS's 1.99 multiplier I think immense love as well.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Moderation:

One more time, knock if off with the critic conspiracy theories and the MCU vs DC stuff. Take it to the franchise wars thread if you must, but keep it out of this thread.

@LordNox, @andersonhoran, @Valonqar and @Cappoedameron are threadbanned. Reinstating @Wonder89's threadban as well (something slipped through the system).

"conspricacy theory"

Calling something that is more than likely happening a conspiracy theory is very odd.

Rotten Tomatoes (biggest critic site) just made changes to their site for Captain Marvel, how more in your face do you bloody want it?

Grouping "critics being influenced by mega corps" with "9/11 inside job", "lizard men" is down right stupid.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

36 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

"conspricacy theory"

Calling something that is more than likely happening a conspiracy theory is very odd.

Rotten Tomatoes (biggest critic site) just made changes to their site for Captain Marvel, how more in your face do you bloody want it?

Grouping "critics being influenced by mega corps" with "9/11 inside job", "lizard men" is down right stupid.

Yeah because it was obvious bot manipulation that was being bragged about. They only addressed it now because of mounting pressure.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

"conspricacy theory"

The latest Captain Marvel review bombing was simply the straw that broke the camel's back. They're not just pandering to Disney FFS. They're responding to a growing level of frustration with this kind of behaviour.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mulder said:

Yeah because it was obvious bot manipulation that was being bragged about. They only addressed it now because of mounting pressure.

They removed the bots votes from the vote tally you know? They changed the system to benefit Captain Marvel because it's want to see poll was doing poorly with the legitimate votes. I don't really fancy dealing with the 2nd round of TLJ apologists, I remember people crying bots then too..

• Like 2