Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

18 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

WB does not need any kind of controversy or negativity especially when they're trying to revive their DCEU. They need to recast Mera, what Amber Heard has done is just appalling and the WB cannot afford more bad press.

As far as Amber Heard is concerned, I was always worried that her involvement would leave a dark spot on the press for Aquaman, but by this point, I’m not sure if I believe her or Johnny Depp. Depp’s story about what Amber Heard allegedly did to him appears to have changed compared to what it was several months ago, and there are still some question marks from all of this. 

53 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

WB does not need any kind of controversy or negativity especially when they're trying to revive their DCEU. They need to recast Mera, what Amber Heard has done is just appalling and the WB cannot afford more bad press.

On the other hand, Gal Gadot's dunciation of the Israeli's PM bigotry is a plus for WB....

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Detective Pikachu movie is being wildly over predicted here?

Yeah too many over predictions around here.

Quick dudadlab gives us an Avatar 2 prediction to bring us to am equilibrium!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

Or Aquaman will sell fewer DVDs than Mary Poppins Returns?

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

Not sure what the controversy is about, but I would have loved for Captain Marvel to have killed the notion that controversy matters.

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Yup. 

I still have a very sentimental attachment to Buffy, having watched it as a teenager.  But I also have no desire to rewatch it because I feel like it wouldn’t hold up as well.  And that would just make me so sad. 

I first watched Buffy and Angel only a couple of years ago and I still found them incredible tv to watch

38 minutes ago, dudalb said:

On the other hand, Gal Gadot's dunciation of the Israeli's PM bigotry is a plus for WB....

At this point, I suspect most studios are wishing their stars would stear clear of politics.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure what the controversy is about, but I would have loved for Captain Marvel to have killed the notion that controversy matters.

This is quite a different scenario. Brie Larson had a “controversy” — today’s claims about Heard are serious, though as far as I can tell there isn’t much in the way of concrete evidence (and men have been getting away with worse for decades).   

Edit: I want to stress that I have really no idea of whether the allegations are plausible or not — Depp certainly has a motive to exagggerate or lie. If they were true it would be serious, but I’d rather let other people try to work all that out while I think about other things.

Edited by Thanos Legion

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

This is quite a different scenario. Brie Larson had a “controversy” — today’s claims about Heard are serious, though as far as I can tell there isn’t much in the way of concrete evidence (and men have been getting away with worse for decades).

Brian Singer, Weinstein, etc... there is a list of serious controversy, didn't hurt their movies at all either.

• Like 1

I'm totally out of the loop here. What's the news on Amber Heard? I'm searching Google and honestly finding nothing. The latest news is about her "coming out" to her parents.

5 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Yup. 

I still have a very sentimental attachment to Buffy, having watched it as a teenager.  But I also have no desire to rewatch it because I feel like it wouldn’t hold up as well.  And that would just make me so sad. 

I binge watched Buffy over the summer because it was a favorite show of mine in the mid 2000s and I was surprised by how much I still liked it. It still held up really well imo 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I'm totally out of the loop here. What's the news on Amber Heard? I'm searching Google and honestly finding nothing. The latest news is about her "coming out" to her parents.

Yea same. I have no idea what's going on. 

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Find surprisingly hard to find ? Is it about this ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6788411/Johnny-Depps-starts-50million-lawsuit-against-ex-wife-Amber-Heards-questions-injuries.html

Testimony and video evidence that would prove Depp version ?

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Find surprisingly hard to find ? Is it about this ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6788411/Johnny-Depps-starts-50million-lawsuit-against-ex-wife-Amber-Heards-questions-injuries.html

Testimony and video evidence that would prove Depp version ?

Thanks. I did find stuff about that but I figured that was old news. What I'm confused about is these supposed claims that just came out today.

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

I binge watched Buffy over the summer because it was a favorite show of mine in the mid 2000s and I was surprised by how much I still liked it. It still held up really well imo 

I remember enjoying Buffy & Angel as a kid. I realized as an adult Whedon can't write past that demographic, which is a rather different ballpark from kid's shows that have underlying messages, themes & whatnot.

1 minute ago, 2kt09 said:

I remember enjoying Buffy & Angel as a kid. I realized as an adult Whedon can't write past that demographic, which is a rather different ballpark from kid's shows that have underlying messages, themes & whatnot.

Angel spoke more to the adult demographic than Buffy did.

• Like 1