Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Don't recall being so in the dark on what's upcoming.

Which 6 exactly? Because he's not in Spawn, Bloodshot or Kingsman 3.

My post was only about the Marvel/DC films, so I didn't count third-party adaptations like those three.

Leto's in Morbius The Vampire, written from the guys behind Gods of Egypt and directed by the guy behind Life.

The other five films are:

Birds of Prey (written by Christina Hodson; directed by Cathy Yan)

Black Widow (written by Jac Schaeffer; directed by Cate Shortland)

Wonder Woman 1984 (Directed by Patty Jenkins)
Venom 2 (Written by Kelly Marcel; director TBA)

The Eternals (Directed by Chloé Zhao)

Pretty cool since it was only in 2017 that we had our first female director on one of these.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TMP said:

Pretty cool since it was only in 2017 that we had our first female director on one of these.

It was a big step I would imagine, not so long ago you had :

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/lexi-alexander-says-no-way-to-directing-wonder-woman-film-citing-fking-weight-of-gender-equality-9856047.html

It was this intimidating and ridicule pressure level to be attached to the first big franchise one.

• Like 1

Just now, Barnack said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/lexi-alexander-says-no-way-to-directing-wonder-woman-film-citing-fking-weight-of-gender-equality-9856047.html

It was this intimidating and ridicule pressure level to be attached to the first big franchise one.

Damn, on top of saving the DCEU, Wonder Woman really did break the glass ceiling for the genre as a whole. Even happier it caught on with audiences the way it did, on top of being a surprisingly solid film.

16 minutes ago, Barnack said:

lol totally forgot about Punisher War Zone.

She's a fairly detested director last I checked, so I can only imagine the outrage if she came aboard.

6 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

lol totally forgot about Punisher War Zone.

She's a fairly detested director last I checked, so I can only imagine the outrage if she came aboard.

Because she isn't a very good director and she's obnoxious.

People around here getting cocky about Avatar 2 because I predicted the break-out billie for Alita.

If anything I Alita has worked out well for me as their will be so many more fools underpredicting Avatar 2.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

There's an alarming amount of posts on here where you express your desire to fuck 16 year olds

Also she's 15 in there, sooooo

Seems like her face hadn't shaped into a square yet.

• Like 2

It's a shame that so many outside forces have tainted Alita. It's a pretty good movie that I wanted to do better but now I'm laughing at its collapse this weekend because it was co-opted by bigots. And the non bigoted extreme fans are annoying me as well. The denial some had about it being murdered this weekend was bizarre. It's not a James Cameron movie so it was never going to perform like one of his movies. 

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's a shame that so many outside forces have tainted Alita. It's a pretty good movie that I wanted to do better but now I'm laughing at its collapse this weekend because it was co-opted by bigots. And the non bigoted extreme fans are annoying me as well. The denial some had about it being murdered this weekend was bizarre. It's not a James Cameron movie so it was never going to perform like one of his movies. 

You're not very headstrong if you let outside forces taint Alita, Alita is pure and doesn't deserve anything but love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2