Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Wondering in which thread I have ended...

Those heavily moderated threads'll make you soft. You get soft, the fanboy wars thread will eat you and shit you out dead with zero warning. I read your file, @terrestrial. "Captain Marvel (no spoilers)", that was some mean bush. Nothin' like that here, though. You got some heart, kid, showin' up here.

latest?cb=20100506212315&path-prefix=de

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

The intro post is beautiful:

"Consider this the official Marvel/DC argument thread."

Heh heh.

IleS6WP.jpg

PikaPika fans are still better than you.

Congrats on the baby btw,

33 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

PikaPika fans are still better than you.

Congrats on the baby btw,

Haven't played it but I've heard it's a great video game for kids.

Congrats on the Deadpool 3 trailer btw. ;)

I hope it does well, but let's get real, $4B is the absolute ceiling for PikaPika.

Lol, Alita is so forgotten that Cameron fans have moved on to trench warfare against the MCU.

Success breeds contempt. Say what you want about the MCU and its sometimes horrid CGI (it's true, sadly), but the people LOVE the movies and they're very successful at the box office. You guys literally have nothing but your snark. I mean, at least save it for when one of your babies actually does make a lot of money (Avatar 2).

Yet you can't. The total irrelevance of Alita is killing you.

Edited by JB33

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Lol, Alita is so forgotten that Cameron fans have moved on to trench warfare against the MCU.

Success breeds contempt. Say what you want about the MCU and its sometimes horrid CGI (it's true, sadly), but the people LOVE the movies and they're very successful at the box office. You guys literally have nothing but your snark. I mean, at least save it for when one of your babies actually does make a lot of money (Avatar 2).

The irony. Hilarious how even with all this franchise power of disney sws and the MCU they can't even beat a 20 year old film in Titanic.
Jim holds the #1 and #2 spot for the highest grossing film of ALL TIME yet we only have our snark? We have James "Iron Jim" Cameron, the visionary director, box office king and genius.

The thing about Jim is that he makes good movies that push boundries of cinema and gives us something that melts the audiences minds.

Meanwhile MCU gives us assembly line filmaking, the macdonalds of filmaking. Sure it tastes good but that's only if you don't know any better.

When I think MCU I think bland, generic, boring, dull. Atleast TLJ was a total trainwreck which made it worth watching. I won't ever watch Captain Marvel (trailers are horrendous and reviews confirmed it's generic), I'll be watching Endgame and that's probably me done with the MCU, phase 3 was garbage.

Jim's taken another 10 years off and the state of blockbusters is worse than ever, now he's back to show you how it's done.

Also Alita did well for what it is, it didn't have the Jim magic to take it to a billie but it was a great film (as predicted) and has garnered quite a religious following. You'll see that take effect in the opening weekend of Alita: Fallen Angel.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Alita is, unfortunately, a film that came and went, and nobody cared. It was neither the gigantic flop that its detractors hoped for nor the gigantic hit that its stans wanted it to be. It was just...there...inert, mediocre...irrelevant. 

I was rooting for it, and I truly hoped it would be a bigger hit, but what pains me is what you say: it will simply be forgotten as an utterly so-so film. 

5 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Not liking Brie Larson makes you an incel that's fallen into a shitty abyss of hate? What does posting private discord chats make you?

This isn't a private discord chat. It is group of about 50 or so people. Those three are just three most frequent users. And I don't care. Their names aren't there and I am not jeopardizing their privacy. That is all that matters.

6 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Didn't you do the same like 3 posts back? Also, for all the hardon you have for "incels", who seem to live rent free in your head, you haven't taken the time to realize that it's very likely that a lot of those people face mental health issues. Unless mental health is a joke to you, I expect you to be more thoughtful in your discourse from now on.  You're supposed to be a good guy, right?

Who did I insult? My friends are incels dude. It's not just because of this. You literally know nothing about them other than one screenshot I took. There is so much more. Stop acting like you know more about them than I do. They aren't mentally ill either. Also, I don't think there really is a study that shows that mental illness is a cause of being an Incel. Maybe show where you got that bullshit from? And i have no sympathy for those who are unable to realise that they are mentally ill but are just spreading hate.

Edited by lorddemaxus

@IronJimbo with the demaxus BLOW OUTS. 

I just realised I got some of my earlier assumptions in the thread proved correct (his age and current education level) - @lorddemaxus for extra points can you please say you go to an international school or at least did... I need my morning laugh. 

Also congrats @Pure Spirit as Hudson would say 'Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phased plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...'

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The irony. Hilarious how even with all this franchise power of disney sws and the MCU they can't even beat a 20 year old film in Titanic.
Jim holds the #1 and #2 spot for the highest grossing film of ALL TIME yet we only have our snark? We have James "Iron Jim" Cameron, the visionary director, box office king and genius.

The thing about Jim is that he makes good movies that push boundries of cinema and gives us something that melts the audiences minds.

Meanwhile MCU gives us assembly line filmaking, the macdonalds of filmaking. Sure it tastes good but that's only if you don't know any better.

When I think MCU I think bland, generic, boring, dull. Atleast TLJ was a total trainwreck which made it worth watching. I won't ever watch Captain Marvel (trailers are horrendous and reviews confirmed it's generic), I'll be watching Endgame and that's probably me done with the MCU, phase 3 was garbage.

Jim's taken another 10 years off and the state of blockbusters is worse than ever, now he's back to show you how it's done.

Also Alita did well for what it is, it didn't have the Jim magic to take it to a billie but it was a great film (as predicted) and has garnered quite a religious following. You'll see that take effect in the opening weekend of Alita: Fallen Angel.

Actually Infinity War beat that 20 years old film. It didn't beat 20 years old + 6 years old film.

Also Exchange rates. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I just realised I got some of my earlier assumptions in the thread proved correct (his age and current education level) - @lorddemaxus for extra points can you please say you go to an international school or at least did... I need my morning laugh. 

Except I studied in a British school. I literally said I went to a Sixth Form (and did A levels which is a British syllabus). I don't think sixth forms exist in international schools. So your assumption was wrong twice. Thanks for my morning laugh.

Also, Jimbo did nothing but make his assumptions and defend my white friends who think white men are being oppressed. I thought making assumptions were bad.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Also, Jimbo did nothing but make his assumptions and defend my white friends who think white men are being oppressed. I thought making assumptions were bad.

Imagine bringing political non-sense onto a movie board.

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm sure that's what they think Lorddex, defintely not another misrepresentation.

So much for dumb talking points huh

• Like 2