Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess the MonsterVerse is in some serious trouble. Well, at least there’s still the John Wick movies...

DC and Star Wars aren't doing cinematic universes anymore according to their producers, the Dark Universe was a stillbirth, and MonsterVerse looks like it's not gonna last long - even after two initial well reviewed films. MCU stays the last man standing.

Edit: not often a multi-billion conglomerate likes your post. Thanks @Walt Disney!

Edited by TMP
  • Like 1

Just now, TMP said:

DC and Star Wars aren't doing cinematic universes anymore according to their producers, the Dark Universe was a stillbirth, and MonsterVerse looks like it's not gonna last long - even after two initial well reviewed films. MCU stays the last man standing.

Star Wars will still continue regardless of the fact that it’s no longer top dog in Hollywood. Disney isn’t going to let that franchise go. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Star Wars will still continue regardless of the fact that it’s no longer top dog in Hollywood. Disney isn’t going to let that franchise go. 

Yeah, but it's not doing spin-offs anymore. It's not building a cinematic universe like it once looked like it was, it's gonna be a trilogy from D&D next based on everything we've heard and nothing more theatrically during that timeframe.

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Sorry MCU...The Conjuring Universe is still alive...No cinematic Monopoly for you....:popcorn:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know I’ve said not too long ago that I’m sick of Batman, and would rather DC just give the character a break, but at this point, I sincerely hope Matt Reeves’ Batman does well, otherwise we might as well be at a point where the only movies in theaters are Marvel movies and Disney remakes. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

we might as well be at a point where the only movies in theaters are Marvel movies and Disney remakes. 

You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm sure many members on this site would be delighted at that prospect.

• Haha 1

WB is in some serious trouble with their blockbuster franchises which is making the dominance of Disney even more significant. 

A change in leadership is needed because right now it's hurting the entire film industry outside of Disney. 

• ...wtf 1

13 hours ago, Hades said:

Sorry MCU...The Conjuring Universe is still alive...No cinematic Monopoly for you....:popcorn:

The Nun generated $155m in profits last year, which would put it as the #11 most profitable movie of the year, ahead of big blockbusters like Ant Man & The Wasp, despite the awful reviews. I would say TCU it's doing quite great. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

WB is in some serious trouble with their blockbuster franchises which is making the dominance of Disney even more significant. 

A change in leadership is needed because right now it's hurting the entire film industry outside of Disney. 

There's always Universal with their... despicable me and Jurassic World films... 

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It's such a tease, I still think it very possible. What do you think of Swamp Thing show LE?  

Tv has lost me, a long time ago. I am hesitant to start a new series because of the inevitable exec fuck up once it gets popular with the twitter crowds.

Still, as a Moore fan I'm very tempted to watch it.