Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

If this stays true for another month. We may have suicides from some of the more commited fans.. :jeb!:

I would say that's a bit far but I'm pretty sure they were making that joke about me 3 weeks ago.

• Like 3

I love the extreme disparity in things allowed here, @YourMother the Edgelord.

I replied to @Lordmandeep in a Star Wars thread and agreed with him on how terrible "The Last Jedi" was and was immediately attacked and insulted and called names by other posters, but was given a warning for "poisoning the well" in another thread because I said Robert Pattinson had made a particular name for himself after his first lead in a high profile movie, and that people are allowed to not think he's a good actor through that. 🙄

7 hours ago, TMP said:

Swamp Thing getting pretty good reviews so far. That's 2 good DC shows now! How far we've come from the CW days.

Those days were passionate. After the whole wave of shows, the hype died so much.

44 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Those days were passionate. After the whole wave of shows, the hype died so much.

I don'y know, I tried watching Flash season 1 and it all just felt like a bad fan film ripping off Rami's first Spider-Man. I saw 5 episodes of Arrow on a plane and they were all really bad too.

Doom Patrol was pretty good. Swamp Thing sounds pretty good too. Watchmen should be incredible since it's from a post-Leftovers Lindelof.

3 hours ago, TMP said:

I don'y know, I tried watching Flash season 1 and it all just felt like a bad fan film ripping off Rami's first Spider-Man. I saw 5 episodes of Arrow on a plane and they were all really bad too.

Doom Patrol was pretty good. Swamp Thing sounds pretty good too. Watchmen should be incredible since it's from a post-Leftovers Lindelof.

I mean the online chatter. After every episode, I just went straight to now defunct/totally boring forums to read the lively discussions.

The longer those shows went on, the less people stuck around & the more the formulas got out of hand.

Watchmen looks stale even from a post-Leftovers Lindelof.

47 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Is what a pathetic coward would say

:apocalypse: CW shows are all trash though ...Can't wait for the rest of them to be cancelled like Arrow....Thank God for the Dc universe streaming shows...Young Justice alone>>>>CW shows 

Titans is good (but is to much edgy)

Young Justice Season 3 is awesome

Doom Patrol  is Fantastic 

it's a shame that only USA have DC universe.

Edited by AnDr3s

The Arrowverse deserves credit for leading to a resurgence in live action superheroes on the small screen, but at this point, I won’t lose sleep if it ends. It had its time in the sun, but I think that sun has just about set. At this point, I don’t really see what the DC shows on the CW have to offer that you can’t get elsewhere. Even in terms of feminism and LGBT representation, you can easily get that elsewhere at this point. It doesn’t help that the CW’s attempts at being “woke” have arguably led to even more backlash than something like Captain Marvel. While I didn’t particularly care for the Batwoman trailer one way or another, I definitely don’t know what they were thinking with lines like “when it fits a woman” and “I’m not letting a man take credit for a woman’s work”. I know that the CW is all about female and LGBT empowerment, but did they seriously think that lines like those would go over well with people?

The shows on DC Universe seem to be faring much better than the stuff they’re putting on the CW anyway. Yes, even Titans. 

23 hours ago, Clubs Are Trash said:

does anyone here think The Dark Knight Trilogy ended either after scarecrow set Batman on fire or the beginning of the second fire in the mansion right before Liam Nesson reappears?  but they still buy the entire trilogy box set anyways and wear the merchandise?

7 minutes ago, Hades said:

There are other studios than Disney and there are plenty of original movies every year, people just don't want to see them. Also Jeremy of cinemasins (the dude in the video) should shut up about rehashing old ideas. He did literally that for living (and maybe still does, idk)

• Like 1