Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Weird to think for me Flash is now the worst of the DC CW shows. It really peaked too early in S1 though S1 is probably the best Flash movie you're gonna get seeing as how the Flash film has been stuck in limbo. 

Ezra Miller's contract expires this month. Hopefully that means he's out and the film's gonna happen.

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It’ll be pretty wild if a full 4/6 main actors from Justice League never show up in the universe again.

When actors as bad as Ezra Miller and Ben Affleck are leading your team, maybe it's for the best. Hope Cavill stays on though.

11 hours ago, TMP said:

No :apocalypse:

Looking at just the footage. I'm there for any other new geek-related show coming soon.

8 hours ago, JimiQ said:

There are other studios than Disney and there are plenty of original movies every year, people just don't want to see them. 

Haven't watched the video.

Has it anything to do with the only big studios left in the ring are subsidiaries of theme parks? 

Could even make it a Big 4 if Sony counts for its rebound.

Edited by 2kt09

29 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Looking at just the footage. I'm there for any other new geek-related show coming soon.

Haven't watched the video.

Has it anything to do with the only big studios left in the ring are subsidiaries of theme parks? 

Could even make it a Big 4 if Sony counts for its rebound.

No, it's just rant about disney making live  remakes too fast and in poor quality

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2kt09 said:

Trailer looked a bit too action-y, but that final season of Leftovers is so incredibly well written and emotionally powerful that I have full faith in whatever Lindelof does next.

11 hours ago, Hades said:

Sad but true. The worst thing is to see people saying that everything is okay because there are other studios. Disney should be the first studio to venture with non-brands works. Disney is currently the biggest studio of the Big 5. They could give a space to new works like other studios do.

Edited by Litio
  • Like 2

• Community Manager
On 5/26/2019 at 11:06 AM, Litio said:

Sad but true. The worst thing is to see people saying that everything is okay because there are other studios. Disney should be the first studio to venture with non-brands works. Disney is currently the biggest studio of the Big 5. They could give a space to new works like other studios do.

But then they wouldn't be the number one biggest studio. Can't fail if you don't try and when your on top, you rarely have an incentive to try new things. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

But then they wouldn't be the number one biggest studio. Can't fail if you don't try and when your on top, you rarely have an incentive to try new things. 

Yeah I agree, the more success you have with brands work and the more brand, the less reason you have to venture in them.

Arguably the others have more reason and should try to venture in new things instead of trying to compete franchise vs franchise but with weaker ones.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:06 PM, Litio said:

They are the biggest BECAUSE they are doing this. Original work isn't rewarded in current cultural climate. They are just following the money (and still it doesn't always work - Chris Robin, Alice 2...)

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Pixar still has a bunch of original “ideas” some of which will come out in the future. Plus what Disney has tried in live action (Million Dollar Arm, Queen Of Katwe etc didn’t really take off) hopefully searchlight will do a better job for them. You also have to remember these original animations are themselves not very original as they are based of fairy tales and folk tales. 

Disney has alway been about its brand and franchises it is just more recognisable now as it has so many franchises that are lighting up the box office. 

On 5/26/2019 at 6:27 PM, Hades said:

It is such an American point of view to fear monger about creativity lol. This is one of the dumbest thing I have ever heard, there will be original content for years just look at the explosion of original content in television and indie video games having a resurgence, there are so many outlets for creativity now. 

From a cinema point of view, we have some great original films coming out, particularly international films, Parasite by Bong Joon-Ho, Weathering With You by Makato Shinkai and Atlantics my Mati Doip are just a few I’m looking forward to. You also have indie cinema with the likes of Booksmart which just came out. Everyone will probably bring up the percentage of money that Disney is making at the box office and it’s making a lot, but I believe a lot of people do still watch indie and foreign cinema but from the comfort of their own home. 

btw highest grossing original live-action film is Inception at place 74 (and no, Titanic - real life events and Avatar - fern gully/Pocahontas/Dancing with the Wolves - aren't original)

• Disbelief 1

What the hell is with this dumb and hypocritical anti-critics crap on this forum? I saw it with Alita, and now with Aladdin (funnily enough the biggest propagator of this anti-critic schlock loves both films). This isn't even trolling but an actual stance taken by a large proportion of this forum. Can these fanboys not understand that critics are just giving their opinions? Yes, they are biased but so is literally every other person. That is why every opinion has the same weight as the other. I am not going to start insulting critics and create conspiracy theories if they disagree with me on Godzilla KOTM (which is my most anticipated movie of the year btw). I will just understand that they just have a different opinion to mine and move on. 

If you think you have a better opinion and everyone who thinks different is just dumb, you are just insecure and a big arrogant shit.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

btw highest grossing original live-action film is Inception at place 74 (and no, Titanic - real life events and Avatar - fern gully/Pocahontas/Dancing with the Wolves - aren't original)

Neither was inception. It was just a rip-off from the anime paprika.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What the hell is with this dumb and hypocritical anti-critics crap on this forum? I saw it with Alita, and now with Aladdin (funnily enough the biggest propagator of this anti-critic schlock loves both films). This isn't even trolling but an actual stance taken by a large proportion of this forum. Can these fanboys not understand that critics are just giving their opinions? Yes, they are biased but so is literally every other person. That is why every opinion has the same weight as the other. I am not going to start insulting critics and create conspiracy theories if they disagree with me on Godzilla KOTM (which is my most anticipated movie of the year btw). I will just understand that they just have a different opinion to mine and move on. 

If you think you have a better opinion and everyone who thinks different is just dumb, you are just insecure and a big arrogant shit.

I agree, it’s particularly strange when about half of the critics actually gave Aladdin a favourable review. Everyone hasn’t their own personal tastes and personally I think finding a critic or critic switch similar taste to yourself could be beneficial to work out if you will like a film rather than looking at a number. 

That being said said I think people get upset because they feel  that critics have a role in how much a movie earns, which is probably true but to what extent I think depends on a case to case basis. 

Edited by Jamiem

10 minutes ago, dignam said:

Neither was inception. It was just a rip-off from the anime paprika.

Thanks, I didn't know that. So, do we know the highest-grossing really original live-action film?

edit: Independence Day and it not then E.T.

Edited by JimiQ

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Reminder that they were so sure of their victory they celebrated $3B as their goal. 

Damn feels good to be on top.

When A2 makes 4 billies I'm not sure what haters will have left to say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1