Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

But then they wouldn't be the number one biggest studio. Can't fail if you don't try and when your on top, you rarely have an incentive to try new things. 

You're right. They won't fail if they don't try. What I mean is that Disney is safe enough in the market to be able to invest in "new" content for the audiovisual. Investing twice a year in such films as A Quiet Place, Baby Driver, Hereditary, Game Night, or even adaptations that have never been seen before in the audiovisual as Arrival or Widows will not take the studio into bankruptcy. These movies don't need to have a high budget. In fact, it should be a requirement to has a low budget, so they care about the script and not about visual and effects like they did with Winckle in Time and Nutcracker. Some movies would make profit and even if they fail, they would have less loss than films like Solo and Dumbo. See, Universal releases a lot of safe movies like Fast and Furious and Illumination movies, but that does not stop them from releasing movies like Welcome To Marven, Breaking In, Green Book and First Man. I suppose none of these films are a desperate attempt to create a new franchise like Winckle in Time, Tomorrowland, Lone Ranger, Nutcracker and Artemis. Disney's spending on these films would allow to produce and market at least 15 low-budget movies and prob they end up giving less damage than the latest Disney bombs, as well as the possibility of discovering new talents with these films.

15 minutes ago, Litio said:

You're right. They won't fail if they don't try. What I mean is that Disney is safe enough in the market to be able to invest in "new" content for the audiovisual. Investing twice a year in such films as A Quiet Place, Baby Driver, Hereditary, Game Night, or even adaptations that have never been seen before in the audiovisual as Arrival or Widows will not take the studio into bankruptcy. These movies don't need to have a high budget. In fact, it should be a requirement to has a low budget, so they care about the script and not about visual and effects like they did with Winckle in Time and Nutcracker. Some movies would make profit and even if they fail, they would have less loss than films like Solo and Dumbo. See, Universal releases a lot of safe movies like Fast and Furious and Illumination movies, but that does not stop them from releasing movies like Welcome To Marven, Breaking In, Green Book and First Man. I suppose none of these films are a desperate attempt to create a new franchise like Winckle in Time, Tomorrowland, Lone Ranger, Nutcracker and Artemis. Disney's spending on these films would allow to produce and market at least 15 low-budget movies and prob they end up giving less damage than the latest Disney bombs, as well as the possibility of discovering new talents with these films.

That's true, but I still think it's a non-problem. That's like saying budweiser is not making light beer (that's an example, I think they actually do), so the world is doomed. No, it isn't. There's Karlsberg and other companies that do make light beer. The world is just fine.

Don't u think that was a stupid decision to close the Avengers thread because of the shitpost from two or three cameron(?)fans (I think it only exist here)?? it's at least unfair to me, but mods act in a strange way here

Edited by lor15

6 hours ago, Jamiem said:

Pixar still has a bunch of original “ideas” some of which will come out in the future. Plus what Disney has tried in live action (Million Dollar Arm, Queen Of Katwe etc didn’t really take off) hopefully searchlight will do a better job for them. You also have to remember these original animations are themselves not very original as they are based of fairy tales and folk tales. 

Disney has alway been about its brand and franchises it is just more recognisable now as it has so many franchises that are lighting up the box office. 

It is such an American point of view to fear monger about creativity lol. This is one of the dumbest thing I have ever heard, there will be original content for years just look at the explosion of original content in television and indie video games having a resurgence, there are so many outlets for creativity now. 

From a cinema point of view, we have some great original films coming out, particularly international films, Parasite by Bong Joon-Ho, Weathering With You by Makato Shinkai and Atlantics my Mati Doip are just a few I’m looking forward to. You also have indie cinema with the likes of Booksmart which just came out. Everyone will probably bring up the percentage of money that Disney is making at the box office and it’s making a lot, but I believe a lot of people do still watch indie and foreign cinema but from the comfort of their own home. 

When people talk about the lack of originality in movies, they’re usually referring specifically to Hollywood

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimiQ said:

btw highest grossing original live-action film is Inception at place 74 (and no, Titanic - real life events and Avatar - fern gully/Pocahontas/Dancing with the Wolves - aren't original)

This isn't how it works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

Swamp Thing is the first one of these DC Streaming shows to actually look great.

Doom Patrol good! Titans & the CW stuff is reaaaaaaaal bad though.

I brought this up in the thread on "Aladdin," and it was avoided, but how come we don't accept book writers, musicians, and artists remaking their old material because they don't have any new ideas, but we make excuses for and accept when Hollywood does it?

18 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Swamp Thing is the first one of these DC Streaming shows to actually look great.

I remember reading Moore's run back when it came out, seeing it live action is a little surreal. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

:hahaha:   Someone has Mickey mouse dick in his mouth..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

I’m dreading the release of Joker, not necessarily because it’ll be bad, but because I can just imagine how people will react when the movie makes significantly less money than Venom. We already had people freaking out over the numbers for Shazam!, and that movie starred a character that a lot of people weren’t even familiar with. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m dreading the release of Joker, not necessarily because it’ll be bad, but because I can just imagine how people will react when the movie makes significantly less money than Venom. We already had people freaking out over the numbers for Shazam!, and that movie starred a character that a lot of people weren’t even familiar with. 

A Joker movie really shouldn't be making less than a Venom movie, but WB marketing keeps failing this year that it wouldn't surprise me at all.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

A Joker movie really shouldn't be making less than a Venom movie, but WB marketing keeps failing this year that it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Marketing won’t have anything to do with anything. Venom was a PG-13 action blockbuster movie that had the Marvel brand attached to it (there were apparently a fair amount of people who mistakenly thought it was set in the MCU) and a fairly bankable actor in Tom HardyJoker is supposed to be an R-rated character study that stars an actor who hasn’t been in a hit film in over a decade.