Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

14 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

I think I'm allowed to both be happy for Endgame to hold the record AND think the re-issue was an unfortunate way to achieve the record that made them lose good faith. (which they have plenty of, so they can afford it, but still)

Even now I still find their decision on clawing at the #1 a bit puzzling. But they have the best marketing team, so they must know what they're doing.

What you're saying doesn't really make sense. Movies are reissued or have their theater counts increased all the time. It's standard industry practice when studios or exhibitors feel that there are more tickets to be sold and more money to be made. Avatar itself was reissued in 2010, after which it earned an additional $30 million. Do you also feel that Fox and Cameron acted in bad faith by putting their movie back in theaters, or is your scorn reserved for Disney and Feige?

There is not a damn thing wrong with Disney trying to get the all-time box office crown for its most popular franchise. Filmmaking is a business where art and commerce are inextricably linked. Naturally, money and bragging rights are a consideration for all involved. Pretending that there is something newly slimy or underhanded when it's actually business as usual is a bit disingenuous. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Insane Marvel is making Shang-Chi movie while WB can't get superman off the ground. 

Whats a Shang-Chi?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Talkie said:

What you're saying doesn't really make sense. Movies are reissued or have their theater counts increased all the time. It's standard industry practice when studios or exhibitors feel that there are more tickets to be sold and more money to be made. Avatar itself was reissued in 2010, after which it earned an additional $30 million. Do you also feel that Fox and Cameron acted in bad faith by putting their movie back in theaters, or is your scorn reserved for Disney and Feige?

There is not a damn thing wrong with Disney trying to get the all-time box office crown for its most popular franchise. Filmmaking is a business where art and commerce are inextricably linked. Naturally, money and bragging rights are a consideration for all involved. Pretending that there is something newly slimy or underhanded when it's actually business as usual is a bit disingenuous. 

A very sensible post, but one Cameron fans will ignore or find some way to refute. They hypocrisy is mind-boggling. Be a man and suck it up you guys! This is honestly getting kind of embarrassing.

Edited by JB33

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Whats a Shang-Chi?

Asian super hero movie. Seriously it's depressing that WB keeps screwing up Superman. That should be easy!

Personally I liked Man of Steel until Snyder ruined it. That guy really hates superheroes. 

3 hours ago, Talkie said:

Oh no, I'm not saying "there is something newly slimy or underhanded". It's business as usual, as you say, just a tad more blatant and transparent than I've gotten used to.

Though I don't know why people insist to bring up Avatar's re-release so often for comparison when it had an entirely different context and purpose.

4 hours ago, excel1 said:

Insane Marvel is making Shang-Chi movie while WB can't get superman off the ground. 

They could, they just don't want to and it's as baffling as most of WB's decisions, re: DC films. 

I don’t know where else to put this, so I’ll just point out here that there’s now a Wikipedia page for the so called Snyder cut of JL. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Justice_League

For anyone who cares (which I’m guessing isn’t very many of you), it is a convenient way of getting an idea of just how different Snyder’s version of the film was compared to what ended up in theaters. 

Well well JCS you had me fooled? But I think I expected too much from you.. Your hypocrisy really shows by the way. Having 2/3 accounts and playing both good cop and bad cop... Liars will always be found out though... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Well well JCS you had me fooled? But I think I expected too much from you.. Your hypocrisy really shows by the way. Having 2/3 accounts and playing both good cop and bad cop... Liars will always be found out though... 

Bitter and unhinged like most Cameron fan boys and the narcissist himself. 

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 2

40 minutes ago, honestbharani said:

@IronJimbo     Still laughing at yourself?   😊

I thought only JCS could laugh at himself 🤔

Until today that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

46 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Who the hell puts so much effort into creating alts just to stan a movie? That boggles my mind.

Well people who have lot of time to spend on BOT? And if he is caught doing some bad cop thing other alt will come to rescue for the good cop? And all of this for what a mere movie???? Lol lol lol

2 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Hydrogen/Grand Moff  - (22/7/19) Suspended for being duplicate accounts of the user JamesCameronScholar

So, when will we hear that JCS has been banned for pathetic sock puppetry? 

Also, did he really pay for a gold subscription for his imaginary friend? That's doubling down on the crazy.

2 minutes ago, Talkie said:

So, when will we hear that JCS has been banned for pathetic sock puppetry? 

Also, did he really pay for a gold subscription for his imaginary friend? That's doubling down on the crazy.

Well, I hear they're discussing if he'll be suspended or not.

And yes he did buy a gold account.

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Wow, just wow, GrandierHorror gave a thumb-up like to this comment.

:hahaha:

Posted (edited)

Duplicating accounts might be a strong word. How about fudging accounts?

Edited by justvision
  • Haha 1

I am a bit of a scholar myself. JCS is just having a lapse in his integrity due to extra-ordinary stress not seen in a decade of Avatar BO being broken. Repression is no more a match for this stress, so he just "hulked out". (Sorry, I have use a familar Marvel/MCU character for the analogy.)

Everybody deserves a second chance. I mostly appreciate his posts when he was not stanning.

• Not Cool 1