Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 hours ago, Nero said:

But Endgame easily surpassed Avatar initial run easily. The problem was Avatar made 30M in re release and for Endgame to beat that it had an expansion. Simple.

It easily coulda/woulda/shoulda easily.

It needed somewhere around 10 mil, but then the extension came the very next day as soon as they wanted the other 30. 

I'm hoping the next one doesn't feel the necessity to spend this much to make this kind of splash.

People are still talking about Endgame vs. Avatar, eh? I guess there’s really not much else to talk about at the moment.

I do wonder what the next biggest movie of all time will be. I would hope it wouldn’t be another franchise film, but given the current state of Hollywood, I’m not sure that’s even possible. I’m not a Cameron stan, but I still stand by my belief that Titanic was the most impressive run of any movie at least in the past 40 years, and I don’t think we’ll see anything like it again. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

People are still talking about Endgame vs. Avatar, eh? I guess there’s really not much else to talk about at the moment.

I do wonder what the next biggest movie of all time will be. I would hope it wouldn’t be another franchise film, but given the current state of Hollywood, I’m not sure that’s even possible. I’m not a Cameron stan, but I still stand by my belief that Titanic was the most impressive run of any movie at least in the past 40 years, and I don’t think we’ll see anything like it again. 

it's Avatar then Avatar 2

Why is the prick who shall not be named still not thread banned? He's made a dozen troll comments and clearly trying to instigate a fight but no thread ban yet. Hopefully the mods see his buffoonery after my report and thread ban him.

The above written by @lorddemaxus

The Shay's answer:

Oh, I'm a prick - you lying snitch??

Your pathetic personal attacks and lies here don't faze me. They just show the level on which some types and places apparently operate.

See you all next year - when I release my club "The Doom of Dune" with the exact same text of my last post in Dune's thread. And see you 6 months later again when it all turns out exactly what happened.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

The above written by @lorddemaxus

The Shay's answer:

Oh, I'm a prick - you lying snitch??

Your pathetic personal attacks and lies here don't phase me. They just show the level on which some types and places apparently operate.

See you all next year - when I release my club "The Doom of Dune" with the exact same text of my last post in Dune's thread. And see you 6 months later again when it all turns out exactly what happened.

Yeah, I totally didn't phase you lol. It's ok, whining about it is going to do nothing.

25 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's ok, whining about it is going to do nothing.

Of course. All the whining in the world can not save Dune. It's mathematically impossible. Wonder why some people still try.

The Shay has been known here for decades to like and defend such films, and champion them - to glory or bitter defeat. I WANT Dune to succeed more than any of you, Frenchie lap dogs. But I am statistically smarter than you - so I know when to say "leave it, it is doomed". And I'm not going to say it again - you'll remember what I've said anyway.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Of course. All the whining in the world can not save Dune. It's mathematically impossible. Wonder why some people still try.

The Shay has been known here for decades to like and defend such films, and champion them - to glory or bitter defeat. I WANT Dune to succeed more than any of you, Frenchie lap dogs. But I am statistically smarter than you - so I know when to say "leave it, it is doomed". And I'm not going to say it again - you'll remember what I've said anyway.

Lol, first of all there is nothing called being statistically smarter (unless you are a human machine learning program which you aren't) and second of all, I have literally never see you talk about box-office or the numbers on this forum. 

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, first of all there is nothing called being statistically smarter (unless you are a human machine learning program which you aren't) and second of all, I have literally never see you talk about box-office or the numbers on this forum. 

Yeah, I do not like crunching numbers - and there are enough people here who do it better. Mine is more of an arcane knowledge.

BUT the Shay has been on this forum since the Great Persian Wars of the previous decades - which probably predate your birth. And you've been here for what - months? Can't have seen much.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

Oooh Shay's losing his cool

Never. :) Shay's totally unfazed.

Especially when I'm winning. If Dune makes it - I get a good movie. If not - I win BIG against a great portion of this forum.

I will most probably even have both. Movie will be OK (for the Frenchie) - and will still bomb.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

Yeah, I do not like crunching numbers - and there are enough people here who do it better. Mine is more of an arcane knowledge.

BUT the Shay has been on this forum since the Great Persian Wars of the previous decades - which probably predate your birth. And you've been here for what - months? Can't have seen much.

Yawn. This isn't even good trolling anymore.

Also what does Jimbo have against this movie? It's ok, it isn't going to beat your precious Avatar and Titanic.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yawn. This isn't even good trolling anymore.

Also what does Jimbo have against this movie? It's ok, it isn't going to beat your precious Avatar and Titanic.

never assume

Apparently Bob Iger just stated that Disney will lose 130 Million on Dark Phoenix. Ouch.

When you acquire a company you get everything;the bad along with the good. DP was defiantly in the bad category from a business point of view.

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Apparently Bob Iger just stated that Disney will lose 130 Million on Dark Phoenix. Ouch.

When you acquire a company you get everything;the bad along with the good. DP was defiantly in the bad category from a business point of view.

That Jlaw woke line was worth the loss.