grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

It looks decent, I imagine WB want this to become another trilogy and I imagine it'll make enough for at least Ocean's 9.

I assume Anne Hathaway is part of the con because I only counted six people that Debbie hires rather than being the girlfriend of the mark

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Joel M said:

The cast and especially Bullock-Blanchett as the Clooney/Pitt duo look great, but not a great trailer really. I wish Soderbergh was back for this.

Maybe he s more involved in this than an Exec Producer credit ?

Gary Ross & Soderbergh are buddies.

Soderbergh was actuallly there to shoot the reaping scene in the first Huger Games because Ross never did a scene like that so he asked his friend for some help and guidance.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

Moderation:

This isn’t the GHOSTBUSTERS thread. For chrissakes, some of you guys have the most amazing rage-boner for that movie. Maybe take this movie on its own terms?

The trailer was up for like half an hour and I was thinking wtf why they didn't made a thread for this movie , should have been on the front page by now and I was all what's wrong with site!

My social media dash is so excited. They keep screaming HAROLD!  😂😂😂

Upon another review of the trailer: Sarah Paulson better be a Soccer Mom Lesbian. I need more lesbians. I also better get an Anna Wintour cameo! 

Though I don’t know why they showed Anne H as more than just some famous actress. I think they should have kept that plot point out of the trailer.

I also like this release date.  I see this being nice and leggy.  I wish it was a little farther away from the Incredibles 2, cause that cuts into the Mom Demo. Still! It will be nice counter programming to Solo, Deadpool, and Jurassic World. AAAAND...

It comes out a month BEFORE the ACTUAL Met Gala. Depending on how much Anna wants to cross-promote (or depending on how Extra Rihanna’s people want to be) this will be EXCELLENT PR for the movie. I can’t wait to see the whole cast show up on the red carpet!

Edited by captainwondyful
I wrote AFTER instead of BEFORE
  • Like 1

I'm not seeing this on theaters just for James Corden

It looks cool, though. Sandra a little over the top at the parole scene and obvious-twist is obvious but everything else looks fine.

If they manage to not let Rihanna fuck this up I'm campaigning for BP at the Oscars.

Good to see Sandra again.  I miss Cate as a brunette (bent on galaxy domination)

Nice tie in to the original Danny Ocean using Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Are Made For Walking - and the song makes the trailer work.

But the heist is a necklace at a fashion show?   ^_^

Shades of Catwoman taking down a Cosmetic Empire.  

Hm, based on the trailer, I don't think they're really catering to men, but I wonder if that's the point.  If they can keep budget low and cater to a female audience, it'll probably do fairly well with legs.

Am I remembering wrong or is this supposed to be a sort of side-quel that's going to be leading to a team up movie?  If so, feels like they might be trying to appeal to a female audience in hopes that they can carry some of them over into a crossover/team up