grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

This should be a good time at the theatre. One can only hope this leads to MORE heist movies. Hundreds of them, I'll watch them all.

There's another one just a couple of weeks before that as well. :ph34r:

Us heist aficionados are gonna be spoiled, I tells ya. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Eh, I doubt anyone besides Bullock and maybe Hathaway were capable of commanding very much. This is more a sum of its parts makes it an all star ensemble, rather than each individual is an all star. 

Blanchett cannot come cheap (can she?)...

12 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Didn't they spoiler pretty much the probable twist with Hathaway being with them in the end? 

Pretty sure that's not a surprise at this point. She's on the poster alongside the other seven, plus she was also in that photo of all of them on the subway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Pretty sure that's not a surprise at this point. She's on the poster alongside the other seven, plus she was also in that photo of all of them on the subway.

So I might be getting the plot wrong here, but... if the main heist is the theft of the necklace that Hathaway's character wears... and if Hathaway's character is with them... then what is the point of the heist? Are they doing it for fun?

Edited by slambros
  • Like 2

They should simply sell this a fun heist movie with a novel take then engaging the trolls. It did not work with Ghostbusters. 

Even so this film starts a lot of big likeable bankable stars so I think it will be fine. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

For a second, I thought Ochos were going to steal from Wintour and went Hell yes! :lol:

The movie still looks fun. :)

I hope Anna cameos. She is truly another level of ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slambros said:

So I might be getting the plot wrong here, but... if the main heist is the theft of the necklace that Hathaway's character wears... and if Hathaway's character is with them... then what is the point of the heist? Are they doing it for fun?

Where did you get that Hathaway is with them?

• Like 1

The necklace is likely not owned by Hathaway, she's just wearing it for the gala – so she'd get a cut of the money (if she's with them, which seems likely).

I think Hathaway only joins the crew at the very end. Essentially, somehow through the plot, Hathaway ends up on their side, and she becomes a part of the crew in the sequel. The subway shot in the trailer will probably be the ending shot before the credits start.

Ok, I did not see Hathaway in that shot until I watched it again.  So why would they put her in that shot?  Kind of a big plot piece, isn't it?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I hope Anna cameos. She is truly another level of ridiculous. 

hear hear!:bravo:

@baumer Anna Wintour, the infamous Vogue editor, whom Meryl spoofed in Devil Wears Prada (well, the book made fun of Anna through the character Miranda Priestly):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Wintour

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

Who is Anna?

Anna Wintour. Legendary Editor-In-Chief of Vogue. Inspiration for Miranda Priestly. 

She runs the Met Gala. I saw footage of her in the first trailer during the “we go over the mark” scene. But I want her to have a scene. It isn’t the Met Gala without her and Andre Leon Talley. 

Edit: Val beat me to it. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The necklace is likely not owned by Hathaway, she's just wearing it for the gala – so she'd get a cut of the money (if she's with them, which seems likely).

41 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I think Hathaway only joins the crew at the very end. Essentially, somehow through the plot, Hathaway ends up on their side, and she becomes a part of the crew in the sequel. The subway shot in the trailer will probably be the ending shot before the credits start.

Okay; it makes a lot more sense to me now. I was thinking that the heist was unnecessary if Hathaway's character owned the necklace. Now I think I see how it could work.

Bullock will probably carry it but I won't be seeing this in theaters. This just looks dull compared to other heist movies of it's kind. Like compare the trailer for Mission Impossible 6 to this. It's not exciting at all and nothing grabs you.

And the gown scene at the end gave me shades of Pitch Perfect 3 which is never a good thing. No thanks.

• Like 1