grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

37 minutes ago, AJG said:

They’re stealing from Hathaway yet she’s part of the “eight”...

I don't think Hathaway's character is the mark, my guess is that it's either Richard Armitage or Damian Lewis, the latter hasn't appeared in any of the marketing yet.

• Like 1

I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED that the WB Marketing is dropping the ball on the Met Gala with their twitter right now.  No E Interviews?  No Tweets/ReTweets of the casts' dresses?  Do they even know how to do their job?

:gold:

I'm so hyped for this movie.  Look at this beautiful cast:

Edited by captainwondyful

12 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Maybe I'm wrong since it's been a while but it felt like they tried in the first teaser, didn't it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it's apparent in the main trailer and posters, I would guess it's rather apparent early on in the movie, as well.

This is the part of the business I don't care about at all.  I don't care about the dresses and the makeup and who did their hair.  That' rich people stuff.  Just give me the cast together in jeans or Yoga pants and drop me a trailer and all is well.  

• ...wtf 1

18 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED that the WB Marketing is dropping the ball on the Met Gala with their twitter right now.  No E Interviews?  No Tweets/ReTweets of the casts' dresses?  Do they even know how to do their job?

Agreed. Given that the movie takes place during the Met Gala per the trailer, WB should have sent all eight stars there, especially Bullock and Blanchett. Tonight's event is more important than any press junket or late night talk show interview when it comes to targeting the female demographic that is critical for the film's box office success. Disney may be the only studio remaining in Hollywood that actually excels at marketing their films nowadays.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, baumer said:

This is the part of the business I don't care about at all.  I don't care about the dresses and the makeup and who did their hair.  That' rich people stuff.  Just give me the cast together in jeans or Yoga pants and drop me a trailer and all is well.  

Know who does care?  Women.  Know who the movie's marketed too?  Women.  It's ALL over Twitter and Tumblr and Insta right now.  It's trending #1 on Twitter right now (#MetGala, #HeavenlyBodies).  They are idiots for not trying to capture that audience.

21 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Agreed. Given that the movie takes place during the Met Gala per the trailer, WB should have sent all eight stars there, especially Bullock and Blanchett. Tonight's event is more important than any press junket or late night talk show interview when it comes to targeting the female demographic that is critical for the film's box office success. Disney may be the only studio remaining in Hollywood that actually excels at marketing their films nowadays.

YUUUUP.

The Hollywood Reporter is LITERALLY DOING what the WB Intern running that Twitter account should be doing right now:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Come on now, B. You should know as well as the rest of us that we (and by "we" I'm referring to the overwhelmingly male-populated BOT) are not this film's target market. :lol:

Edited by filmlover

5 hours ago, LonePirate said:

Disney may be the only studio remaining in Hollywood that actually excels at marketing their films nowadays.

Yeap. That's why Disney flops with every their original (more or less) project.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

6 hours ago, McNerdy said:

I think this movie will become huge. All ladies night previews have sold 60-95% of their seats more than a month in advance in the big cities of my country. 

I think this will breakout as well. It’s a good antidote to the various blockbusters 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LonePirate said:

I don't think you can "send" someone to the MET Gala, but yeah the did fuck it up. Big time. 

16 hours ago, LonePirate said:

Cate is on Cannes duty.