grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

Just now, scoobysaurus said:

That only makes this twice as unnecessary if it's already been remade recently. 

But I don't write off a movie before even seeing it so I'm still hoping they come up with something different and interesting (besides the obvious differences in casting). I for one want to see women in more important roles in original movies or sequels rather than in remakes just for the sake of appropriation. 

I mean, these are just movies. None of them is ever necessary. :lol: But as soon as a movie makes a bunch of money, then a sequel (or reboot) becomes "necessary".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I mean, these are just movies. None of them is ever necessary. :lol: But as soon as a movie makes a bunch of money, then a sequel (or reboot) becomes "necessary".

Agreed. At the end of the day the audience and box office collections will decide if this was necessary and whether there will be another one or not. 

• Like 1

I like who has been rumored to be cast and think it could be really cool.

I think Hollywood should hold off on moving forward with these ideas until Ghostbusters comes out though. The two franchises are nothing the same but we're going to see how much the internet correlates with real life when that hits theaters.

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I think Hollywood should hold off on moving forward with these ideas until Ghostbusters comes out though.

Gah, no. Hollywood shouldn't let the responses from some maniacal clique of anger dictate any of their decisions -- let alone such two dramatically different franchises.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I like who has been rumored to be cast and think it could be really cool.

I think Hollywood should hold off on moving forward with these ideas until Ghostbusters comes out though. The two franchises are nothing the same but we're going to see how much the internet correlates with real life when that hits theaters.

I didn't think the trailer was all that bad. The internet's reaction to the trailer was mostly US-centric so I'm interested in seeing how Ghostbusters does OS. 

On 5/16/2016 at 7:17 PM, Telemachos said:

Gah, no. Hollywood shouldn't let the responses from some maniacal clique of anger dictate any of their decisions -- let alone such two dramatically different franchises.

It's not some maniacal clique though. It's coming from everywhere. Go on Youtube. So many people have made videos. Go on Google, so many people have written articles. 

And it's not about the female cast, it's about everything else.

Who knows how well that movie is going to do. Again no one does. Twitter is going nuts with that stupid tag today. I posted a bunch of people who tweeted that they are going to see it in spite of the response when they don't think it even looks good.

That's stupid. Both sides are being extremely petty.

Me? I think Hollywood should make new franchises instead of changing established characters. This Ghostbusters reboot is really going to determine how a lot of these projects move forward because it's going to help determine who is the audience for them. A lot of people are wondering who these projects are supposed to appeal to right now (and this is outside of the Ghostbusters trailer page).

Plenty of Geek sites who are Ghostbusters fans are boycotting this film (including a lot of woman) so it's not them.

Oceans 11 is much different but still film makers should air on the side of caution until they see how Ghostbusters opens.

Look at why Deadpool was a success and Fant4stic bombed. Look at why Batman V Superman didn't reach the levels that many expected. Famdom is a stronger aspect then a lot of people think. 

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Me? I think Hollywood should make new franchises instead of changing established characters. This Ghostbusters reboot is really going to determine how a lot of these projects move forward because it's going to help determine who is the audience for them. A lot of people are wondering who these projects are supposed to appeal to right now (and this is outside of the Ghostbusters trailer page).

Plenty of Geek sites who are Ghostbusters fans are boycotting this film (including a lot of woman) so it's not them.

Oceans 11 is much different but still film makers should air on the side of caution until they see how Ghostbusters opens.

Look at why Deadpool was a success and Fant4stic bombed. Look at why Batman V Superman didn't reach the levels that many expected. Famdom is a stronger aspect then a lot of people think. 

Hollywood as been rehashing previous ideas since it's foundation. It's nothing new, and it isn't going to go any time soon.

And Deadpool was a success not because of fans, but because it appealed to a large enough market. FF and BvS were critically panned and appealed to far less people. Make a movie that appeals to the masses, and they will see it, whether the Fans bitch and moan or not.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, somebody85 said:

"these projects"

what is the similarity between Ghostbusters and this, I wonder?

Should Hollywood wait to see how the Magnificent 7 remake does before they move forward with this? How about the Jumanji reboot starring the Rock and Jack Black? Or the godawful looking Ben-Hur remake?

The Ghostbusters reboot will sink or swim on how funny audiences think it is, why would that affect this moving forward?

This whole Ghostbusters shitfest is really just exposing the internet's ugliness. The sexism is so casual that many people aren't even aware of how badly they're coming off. I don't mean to be as harsh as this is probably coming off, but it's really ludicrous to draw a parallel between this and Ghostbusters

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

"These projects."

What is the similarity between Ghostbusters and this, I wonder?

Should Hollywood wait to see how the Magnificent 7 remake does before they move forward with this? How about the Jumanji reboot starring the Rock and Jack Black? Or the godawful looking Ben-Hur remake?

The Ghostbusters reboot will sink or swim on how funny audiences think it is, why would that affect this moving forward?

This whole Ghostbusters shitfest is really just exposing the internet's ugliness. The sexism is so casual that many people aren't even aware of how badly they're coming off. I don't mean to be as harsh as this is probably coming off, but it's really ludicrous to draw a parallel between this and Ghostbusters

Pound me, boo.

5 hours ago, Chewy said:

"these projects"

what is the similarity between Ghostbusters and this, I wonder?

Sorry I wasn't meaning to come off as sexist at all. When I said that I was referring to the audience that is up in arms about Ghostbusters due to it being an all female cast. 

That's not me but obviously those people exist among those complaining. I wouldn't think any studio would want to repeat the shitstorm that has occurred with the marketing for that movie. It's not a problem with the other reboots because that's just the way things are right now. Look at the politics landscape. People are divided on so much. Issues as petty as the bathroom stuff.

A lot of people don't want studios to change the genders of established characters. That's what I meant by "these projects" that seperates them from the one's you listed. (I haven't even watched a trailer to Ben-Hur, so god knows what they did there).

I'm fine with this movie. I'm sure it will be a talented cast.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/06/09/exclusive-cate-blanchett-mindy-kaling-joining-sandra-bullock-oceans-11-project

Blanchett will join Sandra Bullock in the female reboot of Oceans Eleven.

I’ve also heard that director Gary Ross has locked up Helena Bonham Carter and Mindy Kaling for the heist thriller.

The new Oceans will shoot here in New York early next year maybe right after Blanchett is done on Broadway. Blanchett’s involvement was rumored first on website The Playlist.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yes, of course.. We really need this.. Equality in 2016.. Ra Ra Ra!!! I rate this right up there with a n all female GHOSTBUSTERS and look how bad that looks?? How about something a little original since that's what everyone wants in this day and age it seems??

2015 just prove the audience really want more of the same with the biggest DOM movie ever. 

This isn't a 'remake', Bullock is playing George Cloony's character's sister.  They are leaving the door open for cross over of cast, whether in this movie or in a future one.

Anything saying Jen is in this is wrong.  Her people quickly said no she couldn't, her schedule is full, the first time the rumor started, but then gossip magazines kept repeating it to the point where some people actually thought it was so.

2 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

STAR WARS was a lot different though with pretty much the movie making what it did cause of the inclusion in the Old Cast.. Without them, that movie wouldn't have touched 936M Domestic.. Not sure how rebooting OCEAN'S 11 applies to this using a female cast.. Eventually, this ride with the female domination cycle in 2016 is going to wear itself out..

I'd rather have a mixed cast of main characters, personally, if there are that many.  But if this is a good movie I will go see it.  That it has anything to do with Ocean's Eleven won't be the reason, though.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

I'd have said 2 years ago that Ocean's isn't a big enough brand for people to care enough about a reboot of a reboot. But you know, Ghostbusters happened. And the collective internet shit itself.

All I'm going to say is no one is crapping their collective pants over the remake of Magnificent 7, a remake or a remake. I wonder why. :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 6/10/2016 at 0:32 PM, Durden said:

I'm sold.  Banks, Bullock and Blanchett.  Yep...I'm in.

23 hours ago, RandomJC said:

I'd have said 2 years ago that Ocean's isn't a big enough brand for people to care enough about a reboot of a reboot. But you know, Ghostbusters happened. And the collective internet shit itself.

All I'm going to say is no one is crapping their collective pants over the remake of Magnificent 7, a remake or a remake. I wonder why. :ph34r:

Oh, we all know why.

And holy crap, the most gorgeous Hollywood actress ever is in it?! I'm so watching it.

Not an all-female reboot by the way, they're obviously planning a cross-over with George Clooney's team in the future if this one does well.

• Like 1