WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg14): Martian 11.4 | Goosebumps 10.21 | Spies 8.06 | Burnt 5.04 | Crisis 3.43 | Scouts 1.77

23 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Jem will have a $202.30 average this weekend. That's like 20 tickets sold per theater. If you factor in matinee's it's like 25 tickets. Why it didn't hemorrhage theaters this weekend is beyond me.

Contracts.

I've been a regular at BOM since 2004 and this is one of the worst weekends I can remember.  And not just because of how low everything is but how almost EVERYTHING is just tanking.  The only real bright spots here are The Martain and BoS.  Even Goosebumps, which i LOVED is just not holding all that well for a kids film.  Burnt is going to have one of the worst releases in 3000+ theaters, Crisis is a catastrophe and will be a black spot of Bullock's career and Steve Jobs is just insane to me.  I really cannot figure out what went wrong there except that people truly did not care.  The marketing was there, the reviews are there, the limited release plan seemed to be working but it has been flat out rejected.  Kasbah and Jem are in a league of their own.

Bring on next weekend, this shits depressing.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Contracts.

To be fair, a lot of theaters are only showing it on 1 or 2 screenings per day. 

Really awful weekend all around. I though SaBu could have at least gotten OBIC over a $2k PTA, but this is just pathetic for everything. Hopefully it's calm before the Spectre/Peanuts storm.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Webslinger said:

He's a really solid director when he's involved with a project that he's passionate about. Snow Angels, which was the last movie that he made before breaking into the mainstream with Pineapple Express, was really good. Even Pineapple Express was hilarious and felt like it had a more uniquely bizarre spin than the majority of studio comedies.

I wouldnt say that I liked Pineapple Express and that 3rd act shift in tone was pretty jarring but I give it props for out of the box creativity.

Edited by Wrath

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The writing's on the wall that next weekend will be better.

But what if they both fail to hit the 90M/50M expectations set for each of them? It won't surprise me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Krampus will be lucky if it does 10M. Same with The 33. Love the Coopers will be lucky if it does 5M.

I hope not! I really want that movie to do well. We need more Christmas horror. 

3 minutes ago, Frozen said:

OUR BRAND IS CRISIS earned an estimated $1.11M on opening day Friday. #OurBrandIsCrisis

Sandra Bullock. His power.

This movie was supposed to come out here on November 19, but I guess it is gonna get cancelled now.