WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg14): Martian 11.4 | Goosebumps 10.21 | Spies 8.06 | Burnt 5.04 | Crisis 3.43 | Scouts 1.77

3 minutes ago, damienroc said:

What?

It had a second weekend drop under 35%. Its third weekend drop could be under 25%. Goosebumps is holding just fine. It could finish up with a 4x multiplier. (Depends a bit on how hard Peanuts hits it next week.)

How can anyone complain about the performance of Goosebumps when Jem is doing so much worse in theaters, and their release dates only separated by a week?  And speaking of Jem, the $121,000 Friday estimate now is even worse than Deadline's updated Friday of $161,000, that had Jem at a 73% weekend decline.  The actual numbers on Monday will be fascinating for Jem, to see just how big a drop it can be from such a low OW.

22 minutes ago, damienroc said:

What?

It had a second weekend drop under 35%. Its third weekend drop could be under 25%. Goosebumps is holding just fine. It could finish up with a 4x multiplier. (Depends a bit on how hard Peanuts hits it next week.)

When I posted that the estimate was 8 million, which would have been almost a 50% drop.  And I know you said could but I see no way it gets to a 4X (around 94 million) with where it's at.  1. Peanuts will literally suck its audience away and 2. I think Halloween definitely helped it.  I would love to see it, but I just can't see it going past 80, it's weekdays, like most family films, have been low.

15 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

How can anyone complain about the performance of Goosebumps when Jem is doing so much worse in theaters, and their release dates only separated by a week?  And speaking of Jem, the $121,000 Friday estimate now is even worse than Deadline's updated Friday of $161,000, that had Jem at a 73% weekend decline.  The actual numbers on Monday will be fascinating for Jem, to see just how big a drop it can be from such a low OW.

These two things have nothing to do with one another.  And again, when I posted that the original estimate was for an 8 million weekend, which would have been around 50% drop.

• Like 1

Man, so sad about Steve Jobs. Fucking loved that movie. Shame it ain't doin better.

Good to see Bridge of Spies has been holding up alright, though. For all people dogged on it pre-release for being too "old-school," it's just an expertly made movie. I like good movies making money. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

I'm glad people turned down Burnt because the poster looks like Bradley Cooper doesn't give a fuck.

He is actually good in the movie. 

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So Chef is the defining cooking movie of this era.

I just realized Chef made 30M DOM. 

25 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I just noticed that the PTA for Jem yesterday was $50.  :rofl:

I spent more at Target yesterday.

LOL it's probably getting like one show per day at 11:30 in the morning. With matinee/early bird prices it could mean it's selling 8-12 tickets a day per theater, not just five or six...

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Steve Jobs numbers are just baffling.  Shit opening and even shittier 2nd weekend.

Having seen the movie, which I absolutely loved, I'm not that surprised. As good as I think the movie is, it's not really a mainstream movie. Plus there are probably people out there who didn't think Steve Jobs was worth a ticket price and will watch it when it's on Netflix and such.