WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg14): Martian 11.4 | Goosebumps 10.21 | Spies 8.06 | Burnt 5.04 | Crisis 3.43 | Scouts 1.77

17 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Having seen the movie, which I absolutely loved, I'm not that surprised. As good as I think the movie is, it's not really a mainstream movie. Plus there are probably people out there who didn't think Steve Jobs was worth a ticket price and will watch it when it's on Netflix and such.

4th movie about Jobs since his death. There is definitely a feeling of "Didn't we see this already?" among the GA.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, grim22 said:

4th movie about Jobs since his death. There is definitely a feeling of "Didn't we see this already?" among the GA.

Yeah. I told my mom I saw the Steve Jobs movie in theaters. She was like "it's already on Netflix, I should see it!" I had to explain to a member of the GA that no, it's not the same movie.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm not counting on Bond and Peanuts to completely rejuvenate things. Buzz seems muted for both

They are still both gonna make solid amounts of cash. Better than what is happening right now.

• Like 1

With the Bond rights up for grab, and WB putting on a big effort to get those rights we may see a Christopher Nolan directed Bond movie next. Nolan has always said he wants to direct a Bond movie, and WB getting the rights is the best chance of that happening.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, grim22 said:

With the Bond rights up for grab, and WB putting on a big effort to get those rights we may see a Christopher Nolan directed Bond movie next. Nolan has always said he wants to direct a Bond movie, and WB getting the rights is the best chance of that happening.

Opening scene of TDKR is Nolan's audition for a Bond movie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

Having seen the movie, which I absolutely loved, I'm not that surprised. As good as I think the movie is, it's not really a mainstream movie. Plus there are probably people out there who didn't think Steve Jobs was worth a ticket price and will watch it when it's on Netflix and such.

The fact there have already been multiple Steve Jobs projects that no one has cared to see is what it is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Buzz right now has a giant black hole called Star Wars. It's muted for everything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spectre is totally fucked.

• Like 1

Vin Diesel said "I can't take America? Fuck it, lets smash everything in Portugal instead", and so he did. The Last Witch Hunter is doing beastly business today here. Huge Halloween day. It will die next weekend, but this is probably all our distributor wanted, a strong opening. Everything else is dead except Burnt which targets a completely different audience. 

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Vin Diesel said "I can't take America? Fuck it, lets smash everything in Portugal instead", and so he did. The Last Witch Hunter is doing beastly business today here. Huge Halloween day. It will die next weekend, but this is probably all our distributor wanted, a strong opening. Everything else is dead except Burnt which targets a completely different audience. 

Portugal strikes again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Portugal is family.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Wonder why SW:EP7 really needs to steal the 2 thunders from Bond & Katniss? They're being released before SW....what's there to worry?

Most movies don't sell out theaters two months before it's opening.

Any MJ2 or Bond sell outs yet?

32 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Portugal strikes again. 

At least box office was only dead for one weekend here (last week when Crimson Peak won with low numbers and Burnt got 2nd place). In America shit has been dead for 2 weeks in a row now. 

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Portugal is family.

Portugal sure loves big stars and bad CGI in fantasy movies.

Even Burnt is having a solid run here. Bradley Cooper. His power. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Portugal = the China of Europe

Yes, the only different is that movies don't make 100M here :lol: 

• Like 1