WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg14): Martian 11.4 | Goosebumps 10.21 | Spies 8.06 | Burnt 5.04 | Crisis 3.43 | Scouts 1.77

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Our Brand Is Crisis going that low just shows that no star is safe when the movie looks completely unappealing anymore.

1000% yes to this.  If anyone has legit star power right now, it's her.  But this just appealed to no quadrant and completely alienated most people who see films because she's in them.  I mean think of how terrible All About Steve looked (and was) but still, it was in her wheelhouse and got over a 10 million OW.  This movie was for absolutely no one other than Clooney and Bullock and appears to be a huge mistake.

Edited by RyneOh1040
Grammar
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, RyneOh1040 said:

How the hell do you clear a post on here now?  I accidentally quoted someone and it couldn't get it out of my reply field so I had to post a blank post, which I can't delete.

If you are on a Mac, you can hit Command and Right Click on quote boxes to get special options! If you hover at the top part of the quote box, it might tell you what to do with Windows. Select "Remove Quote" and bam, the quote box shall be removed like magic!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think Fox missed an opportunity not releasing Victor Frankenstein on this weekend. That thing that crawled up onto DanRad's head and died there is probably more frightening than every horror movie released this year.

They are gonna dump it over Thanksgiving instead, lmao. 

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They are gonna dump it over Thanksgiving instead, lmao. 

At least if they dumped it over October 30th, it probably could have gotten $13-18 million with how weak the frame is.

Over Thanksgiving, GD/MJ2/Creed/Night Before/Spectre/Peanuts combine for potentially $275 million+ 5 day. There's really no room for Frankenstein when there's also By the Sea, Love the Coopers and The 33 vying for audiences. 

I think this weekend's epic bombage may help Spectre/Peanuts breakout beyond what's expected of them. 

I think that Burnt and Our Brand Is Crisis were screwed regardless of when they opened. With such a wide-open weekend, either film could have been successful if the respective studios had done sufficiently strong work with the ad campaign.

50 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

At least if they dumped it over October 30th, it probably could have gotten $13-18 million with how weak the frame is.

Over Thanksgiving, GD/MJ2/Creed/Night Before/Spectre/Peanuts combine for potentially $275 million+ 5 day. There's really no room for Frankenstein when there's also By the Sea, Love the Coopers and The 33 vying for audiences. 

I think this weekend's epic bombage may help Spectre/Peanuts breakout beyond what's expected of them. 

By the Sea has been changed to a limited release (aka it's most likely being dumped given that there has been very little promotion for it to begin with).

Extremely boring weekend ahead. Don't care much about box office until Spectre's Thursday #'s to be honest (and the fact that my phone keeps glitching out and the ONLY site that never works is this one). 

Anyways, was supposed to see Bridge of Spies tonight, but I realized I overbooked my time. Have cousins here for the weekend so the earliest I can see something is Sunday matinee (maybe Scouts). If not, I'll see Bridge likely on Monday.

Well this is expected. Our Brand is Crisis is a failed Oscar bait, if Oscar contender Steve Jobs flopped last week then what more Crisis? This was poised to be their next Argo but poor reception killed its chances 

• Community Manager

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT THE FORUMS?

Our Copper Accounts are or cheapest account tier at $5 a month which is about $60 a year. That's quite a bit of money for some users. Well guess what? You can now save money!

If you can, pay $55 now and you'll get a Copper Account for a whole year! That's right you save a whole $5! This is a bargain price! What do you get with a Copper Account? You shouldn't get any ads, you'll get 75 likes a day, and you'll gain the ability to send users in chat private messages! What's more is that you can upload larger avatars!

So upgrade for annual tier and get a whole month free!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT THE FORUMS?

Our Copper Accounts are or cheapest account tier at $5 a month which is about $60 a year. That's quite a bit of money for some users. Well guess what? You can now save money!

If you can, pay $55 now and you'll get a Copper Account for a whole year! That's right you save a whole $5! This is a bargain price! What do you get with a Copper Account? You shouldn't get any ads, you'll get 75 likes a day, and you'll gain the ability to send users in chat private messages! What's more is that you can upload larger avatars!

So upgrade for annual tier and get a whole month free!

butwait.jpg

If you donate in the next 15 minutes, Tele will personally Skype you to thank you for the donation and then play a game of Dungeons and Dragons with you.

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Burnt and Our Brand is Crisis probably would have been better served opening in November. Ditto for Victor Frankenstein opening on this weekend instead.

Burnt and Crisis were doomed no matter when they opened. Both were Oscar bait films which needed good reviews,and both got panned.

VIctor Frankenstein is apparently crap,but it might have stood a slightly better chance opening for Halloween....but probably was another doomed no matter when it opened film.

• Like 1

Hmm, I expected the Burnt and Crisis numbers to be swapped for the weekend, but I guess theater count wins out in the end. I knew though that Bullock had zero draw power in a movie as unappealing as Crisis. There's no such thing as draw power when your movie looks universally toilet-esque.