#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

18 minutes ago, superduperm said:

$123M is amazing. Hopefully nobody is disappointed just because of matinee reports.

How can anybody be disappointed with this number? It shattered the old OD record 32M+.

My projection 57/63/72/58 250M OW, pretty fucking incredible to say the least. Remember when people thought December opening would hinder the OD and OW and look at it shatter previews, OD and OW record with ease. Power of Star Wars!!!!!!!:D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

On a weekend like this the only thing to do now is crack open my CJohn Limited Edition Terminator Genisys Steelbook

I was in Wallmart the other day and saw Terminal Genisys on sale, all the Blu-ray versions included a copy of the original Terminator on Blu-ray in it.  Maybe they figured people might buy it that way LOL.

41 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Does Cinemascore offer A+ grades? It's difficult to imagine a better crowd pleaser than this TFA so I am wondering if the film did indeed receive the max score possible.

Think Avengers was an A+.

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

It did. It was the last big blockbuster to do so too. I thought this one would have done it too but certain criticisms must have affected some reactions.

Cinemascore is again, useless and doesn't gage audience reactions well.  Jurassic World had a lower CinemaScore, opened higher than the Avengers, and had better legs than the Avengers despite tougher competition.

That's one of many examples of why it shouldn't even be looked at anymore.  It's meaningless.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

probably the hardcore fanboys giving it an F

I would believe it. Seems like there is a divided reaction on social media from certain hardcore fans. They don't know what they want...

Edited by somebody85

7 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Cinemascore is again, useless and doesn't gage audience reactions well.  Jurassic World had a lower CinemaScore, opened higher than the Avengers, and had better legs than the Avengers despite tougher competition.

That's one of many examples of why it shouldn't even be looked at anymore.  It's meaningless.

Didn't Inception have like B/B+ plus had some best legs of that summer. I think only 4 theaters are used for the score.  It has a 93% on RT for the audience.  Which suggest the movie is very well like. It should have good legs. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

probably the hardcore fanboys giving it an F

A lot of hardcore fans love the movie.  

6 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Didn't Inception have like B/B+ plus had some best legs of that summer. I think only 4 theaters are used for the score.  It has a 93% on RT for the audience.  Which suggest the movie is very well like. It should have good legs. 

A lot of hardcore fans love the movie.  

I don't know the consensus, but imdb is hating it, of course that is troll central

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I don't know the consensus, but imdb is hating it, of course that is troll central

8.9 from 100k votes, ranked 19 in top 250. If anyone is hating its just a small minority of annoyed fans, probably.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

IMDB hates everything especially these big type of releases. Always "worst movie ever" posts. The only movie recently where there were more positives was Mad Max: Fury Road and I'm actually on the opposite side of that one. There are probably a ton of positive posts on the forums too.

Just back from my 2nd viewing.

All evening IMAX shows were sold out.

A couple of the 7:00 shows that I peeked in looked pretty much sold out.

Our 8:30 3d viewing was fairly empty.  Their had been a 7:45, 8:00 3D shows which assumed drew off most of the business.

• Like 5