#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Rogue One has the potential for 500 for sure. It will pull at least 100 for OW with the words "Star Wars" in the title, and then if it ends up getting great WOM it is in the perfect release date for that. Also if Vader ends up being in it at all, then you can basically add an extra 100-150m to whatever it would have otherwise made. 

AOU and TDKR show how hard it is to hit 500 m.

You need a huge opening, great WOM and very good legs.

Only 6 movies have done it (including TFA). I doubt Rogue One makes the list.

• Like 3

Ok, everyone pretend I changed my screen name to Rth to troll everyone...

"I'm thinking if night shows hold up, it will do about 75-80"

Now, Rth...come in about 20 mins from now and say I was spot on.  That's how it works, right? Right?

5 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Less presales so the data should be more accurate right?

depends still for one thing what level pre-sales there is if you where to say assumed not much then its mindblowing, so a few things to be worked out from data :).

for example JW/AOU sat had similar 2pm/5pm tracking #'s but end of day 13mil diff on overall total

• Like 12

1 minute ago, CJ Ren said:

The fight murdered Ultron on late Saturday. Jurassic didn't face that type of competition.

Soon, primetime Dallas Cowboys shall kill Star Wars.

I have foreseen it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

If Darth Vader is in Rouge one then should do 400 million..

I have a a feeling sw.fans and casual sw fans would be more then drawn to Darth Vader on the screen. 

I would wait for number because I think late night business (10pm and after seems decent at best here)