#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Hahaha

Next up in the ? It's the worst films of the year. (Sorry.):

uups, forgot the picture

CWxGrC1WIAAmcMI.jpg
Edited by terrestrial

Anyone else notice that this movie seems to be making a million every time this thread gains a page? (I don't doubt it's made 274M to this point today).

This post is another $50,000 in Disney's pockets.

Edited by SomeGuy2015
misused word
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, smerfy01 said:

JW is a solid C.

Too many characters to juggle, not enough characterization of said characters to make them memorable, too many unneeded plot threads (parent's divorce, torah borah raptors, uninterested baby sitter, creepy sex-crazed brother), poor internal logic (cell phones magically stop working on the most advanced island of all time, characters doing the dumbest thing they could possibly do only to propel the plot forward), the CG was overly-stylized which made it pretty campy in parts and they killed off probably the coolest character (the owner guy) in the lamest way possible.

I'm not saying it's Plan 9 From Outer Space, but I'll tell you that in my view it really didn't deserve the money it got or the records.

Small nitpick: the JP theme in the helicopter shot of the park was very poorly used. it lacked any emotional punch and just felt hollow. especially contrasting that moment with JP's first use of the theme...very poor. 

I agree with all of this except for me it added up to a D .   I especially agree about the owner being the coolest character. Irrfan Khan also gave the best performance by a mile and he's the one they should have planned to build a sequel round.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I agree with all of this except for me it added up to a D .   I especially agree about the owner being the coolest character. Irrfan Khan also gave the best performance by a mile and he's the one they should have planned to build a sequel round.

I gave it a C on my first watch (only). It'd drop if I saw it again.

I hope I'm not the only one, but when I left the screening I was talking to a friend about it and had to keep saying "Chris Pratt", "The Owner Guy", "Vince Dinofrio" and "the stingy red head" when talking about the characters. I couldn't remember a single character's name.

Also, I think that if they combined the 2 kids into one and then had the babysitter fill the dynamic position of expository talk with the kid then the movie would've been better served.

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

im out of likes!!!!!!!!

:ohmyzod:

Wow... the difference between green and gold is a big one I see

Premium

150 "Likes" Per Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Custom Avatar

Custom Member Title

Custom Signature

Personal Blog

Ability to send Private Chats to members in Chat Room

Add Events to Community Calender

Special Forum Access

PM Box Increased to 100

Gold

500 "Likes" a Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Custom Avatar

Custom Member Title

Custom Signature

Personal Blog

Ability to send Private Chats to members in Chat Room

Access to Special Forum

Upload Images to Gallery

Add Events to Community Calender

PM Box Increased to 150

Listed not to annoy you, but to maybe encourage others to also pic for a month or longer a paid account

As far as I know the Likes are 'rolling' 24h = depending how / when you spend them there should be some available after a break?

• Like 4