CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

39 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Compared to LAWRENCE every movie is a B+. :ph34r:

*COUGH*

2001. Barry Lyndon. Citizen Kane. Holy Mountain. Blade Runner. Seven Samurai. Metropolis (Redux from 2007), TGTBTU, Once Upon A Time In the West.

Sorry but LOA can't even touch my top 10.

Just now, smerfy01 said:

*COUGH*

2001. Barry Lyndon. Citizen Kane. Holy Mountain. Blade Runner. Seven Samurai. Metropolis (Redux from 2007), TGTBTU, Once Upon A Time In the West.

Sorry but LOA can't even touch my top 10.

I think I will take Dr. Strangelove over all of those. But you've done it now with that Citizen Kane listing. Baumer is going to turn into a giant green rage monster and trash the forum.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, seduh said:

Yes, but in some countries (as USA) Star Wars is a monster. TFA won't be a monster in China, but wait for teh sequels

Lots of folks are talking about how Episode 8 is going to drop, and rightly so, TFA is the first proper SW movie in 30 years, not so for Episode 8. But thanks to TFA underperforming (relatively speaking) in most Asian markets, there could actually be room for significant growth there. Crazy to think about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I think I will take Dr. Strangelove over all of those. But you've done it now with that Citizen Kane listing. Baumer is going to turn into a giant green rage monster and trash the forum.

Go ahead and hate on Citizen Kane for whatever reason you can think of, but what it did for cinematography is still arguably unmatched. It changed the game on how a scene can be blocked, what type of framing is suitable and what you can tell visually within a frame to enhance a plot without exposition. Haters gonna hate, but Citizen Kane is a landmark for a reason.

Of course, personally I'd rate a few silent films over CK. (page of madness, Sunrise, Faust as a few)

• Like 6

Just now, kitik said:

Lots of folks are talking about how Episode 8 is going to drop, and rightly so, TFA is the first proper SW movie in 30 years, not so for Episode 8. But thanks to TFA underperforming (relatively speaking) in most Asian markets, there could actually be room for significant growth there. Crazy to think about.

I can already feel the explosion in China if the market reacts well to TFA.

Just now, smerfy01 said:

Go ahead and hate on Citizen Kane for whatever reason you can think of, but what it did for cinematography is still arguably unmatched. It changed the game on how a scene can be blocked, what type of framing is suitable and what you can tell visually within a frame to enhance a plot without exposition. Haters gonna hate, but Citizen Kane is a landmark for a reason.

Of course, personally I'd rate a few silent films over CK. (page of madness, Sunrise, Faust as a few)

Spoiler

I love Citizen Kane...Baumer has a burning hatred for it.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

This will be the movie that maybe convinces them to start putting typical summer fare in this spot. It proved that you can open enormously big in this spot. There have been a number of "guaranteed hit" sequels that would have done very well in this spot too but Hollywood just always goes with the conventional wisdom. Great decision by Disney to move this one out of summer.

Disney will just put Star Wars there for years. In which case nobody is going near it. 

• Like 4

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Hide contents

I love Citizen Kane...Baumer has a burning hatred for it.

I'd understand if Baumer was in a film class. I swear we spent 2 weeks on that film. FT almost ruined Memento and Blade Runner for me too -.-

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

Disney will just put Star Wars there for years. In which case nobody is going near it. 

Disney will capitalize that weekend with Star Wars the same way it permanently holds the summer opening for various Marvel movies =P