baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

4 minutes ago, jandrew said:

The "[insert flop in movie title]" and "Point Break" jokes need to hit the breaks too. 

We can't stop the Point Break jokes until we at least get Christmas Day numbers.

I'm stanning for Edgar Ramirez, and no one can stop me.

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

You must not have paid attention during JW's opening. There was a ton of speculation and discussion about it. Besides, you don't calculate the Saturday number based on previews plus Friday. You do it based on the pure Friday number only. 

I do strip out previews when trying to project 2nd weekend. Because, you know the movie wont be able to add thursday numbers to 2nd weekend totals. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It is crazy that TFA has the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday all time records, but not the Friday proper and Saturday ones. Just shows the insanity of the legs already. 

The Holiday release didn't hurt either. 

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You must not have paid attention during JW's opening. There was a ton of speculation and discussion about it. Besides, you don't calculate the Saturday number based on previews plus Friday. You do it based on the pure Friday number only. 

Don't be ridiculous.  Seriously, this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time about box office.  People know there's previews on Thursday so they go.  If there were no previews, they'd all go on Friday and you'd get the same number.  

Star Wars has the Friday record.  Plain and simple.  And if you say otherwise you are only looking at one part of the equation.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

When Paxton goes a hundred years from now, the Academy should just play his scenes from True Lies.

I really hope they just play his scene from Twister where he holds the handful of dusts and indicates a tornado is coming.

Movie magic.

3 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Don't be ridiculous.  Seriously, this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time about box office.  People know there's previews on Thursday so they go.  If there were no previews, they'd all go on Friday and you'd get the same number.  

Star Wars has the Friday record.  Plain and simple.  And if you say otherwise you are only looking at one part of the equation.

Be pissy about it all you want. I didn't make up the term. Dozens of people have discussed it here. It was heavily discussed during Avengers' opening compared to DH2 and same goes for JW compared to previous big movies. 

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Be pissy about it all you want. I didn't make up the term. Dozens of people have discussed it here. It was heavily discussed during Avengers' opening compared to DH2 and same goes for JW compared to previous big movies. 

So because it's discussed, it's automatically dogma now?

lol...ok bud.

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

When Paxton goes a hundred years from now, the Academy should just play his scenes from True Lies.

I really hope they just play his scene from Twister where he holds the handful of dusts and indicates a tornado is coming.

Movie magic.

That movie is AWESOME.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You know what other film made more than JW on Friday?  DH2.  Fact.  

Going to bed now...can't deal with ridiculous logic like this tonight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Movie magic.

Aliens, True Lies, Twister.

The Paxton Trilogy of Perfection.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'm sorry but when Paxton goes they'll play a clip from Agents of SHIELD :(

• Like 2

question. New here. is RTH's early number ever high? 

Sunday and Monday he lowballed it, but I don't know if it is just the way it is playing, or he is just playing it safe because he does not want meltdowns if the final number drops. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.