Plain Old Tele

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

2 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Well hopefully thats actually the case and SW 8 will move to Christmas. Wonder Woman, World War Z 2 or Pirates of the Carribbean could probably move to May, if that Memorial Day slot is vacated.

I think Paramount should move WWZ 2 to May 19th since Terminator isn't likely to happen. Pirates I imagine will remain in July. I'd say if Star Wars move, it'll be either Beauty and the Beast that gets Memorial Day or Wonder Woman. 

22 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Anything over 50M today is a win in my books.

I am not gonna lie, I know most just care about SW, but I am curious to see what the 4 openers, The Big Short, Hateful 8, Sisters and Alvin 4 do today.

Me too. The Hateful Eight, in particular, will be fascinating to see given that it's only on one screen everywhere it's playing at (due to the release/format plan) and the three hour running time really limiting the number of shows per day (and potentially scaring some moviegoers away).

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If they move Guardians which I think is unlikely, you can bet Warner Bros would swoop in and move Wonder Woman there. Another possibility would be if Spider-Man and Guardians swap dates and they release Spider-Man in May and Guardians in late July. I think Disney is more likely to move Star Wars to December and just move Beauty and the Beast to Memorial Day. 

Thatd be much smarter.  It's better to hurt a movie from Fox that likely won't even be made in time for 2017 than one of your own movies.

Plus, a Guardians works better in the summer, and away from the movie it's delightfully ripping off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Thatd be much smarter.  It's better to hurt a movie from Fox that likely won't even be made in time for 2017 than one of your own movies.

Plus, a Guardians works better in the summer, and away from the movie it's delightfully ripping off.

It's a win win for everyone because it'll mean someone can claim Memorial Day as well and ease congestion from June 

• Like 1

Hateful Eight is playing in the big theatre 90 minutes away from where I live starting next week. I really want to go, because my mom and sister will be shopping at the mall while my dad and I go to a movie.

Problem is that Hateful 8 is 18A and my dad hates Tarantino movies. So I guess it'll be Big Short this week and Concussion that week.

33 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Anything over 50M today is a win in my books.

I am not gonna lie, I know most just care about SW, but I am curious to see what the 4 openers, The Big Short, Hateful 8, Sisters and Alvin 4 do today.

True, that would be over 100% increase over current Christmas day record. 

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Hateful Eight is playing in the big theatre 90 minutes away from where I live starting next week. I really want to go, because my mom and sister will be shopping at the mall while my dad and I go to a movie.

Problem is that Hateful 8 is 18A and my dad hates Tarantino movies. So I guess it'll be Big Short this week and Concussion that week.

Just buy a Star Wars ticket, contributing to the cause, then go into Hateful Eight.  With all the Star Wars hecticness, I doubt an usher would notice

• Like 3

I wonder if Episode VIII does move to December, if the current competition Ready Player One will stay in December but move back a week? I think there would be room for another $150-200m in December even with Star Wars. We saw Avatar, Sherlock Holmes and Alvin II co-exist as did Mission Impossible and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. 

12 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Just buy a Star Wars ticket, contributing to the cause, then go into Hateful Eight.  With all the Star Wars hecticness, I doubt an usher would notice

He (?) wrote he is with father in the cinema....

Edited by terrestrial

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Me too. The Hateful Eight, in particular, will be fascinating to see given that it's only on one screen everywhere it's playing at (due to the release/format plan) and the three hour running time really limiting the number of shows per day (and potentially scaring some moviegoers away).

yeah, that's why i think it's being overestimated... 35,000pta for 100screens is too high, specially for a 3 hour movie, most theaters have only 4 showings per day