druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

28 minutes ago, MfA said:

Been lurking the past few days on here, one mystifying thing is how RTH is treated as a sort of prophet.  His predictions seems to always be pretty accurate, so I understand why he is trusted, but where is he getting his numbers from and how does nowhere else on the net have access to them?

Not sure exactly how he operates but I believe he works for a company that has access to early numbers (perhaps an online ticket vendor or large theater chain) and then extrapolates an estimate based on that. 

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Nice avatar, you young whippersnapper. :lol: 

Thanks old man. You still have some good taste in you. 

I need more of Kurt Russell in main roles after The Hateful Eight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Not sure exactly how he operates but I believe he works for a company that has access to early numbers (perhaps an online ticket vendor or large theater chain) and then extrapolates an estimate based on that. 

Quite possibly. 

Unlike the trades Rth doesn't need "sources".  He is the source. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, MfA said:

Been lurking the past few days on here, one mystifying thing is how RTH is treated as a sort of prophet.  His predictions seems to always be pretty accurate, so I understand why he is trusted, but where is he getting his numbers from and how does nowhere else on the net have access to them?

Welcome to the forums.

It's easy to always be right when you control the matrix..

o-THE-MATRIX-AND-HINDUISM-facebook.jpg

• Like 5

I want to to thank all the posters & mods for keeping this place spoiler free. In this era of social media it's very hard to avoid them so nice to have a place to chat about the numbers without worrying about the movie getting ruined. Makes it a lot more memorable experience both on here & when those of us who didn't/couldn't rush out finally get to to see TFA.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

He probably has access to Rentrak data.