druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

I don't believe Kal is real. He has to be trolling or has a development issue. 

Now granted, he might be right about Avatar 2's box office totals. Tons of people loved the first one and it's a movie theater kind of movie. You know it's 3D share will be 65% or more and it's a huge movie franchise thanks to the first one in pretty much every country unlike Star Wars. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Star Wars could have the domestic record by over 500m and over 3b Domestic and Kal wouldnt give up.  He'd say people were confused and thought they were going to see Avatar 2.  He'll say the economic collapse hindered Avatar and it only made half the money it should have.  He'll have some crazy excuse.

He probably wouldn't admit Avatar's defeat, even if the end of all time was happening.

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

Now granted, he might be right about Avatar 2's box office totals. Tons of people loved the first one and it's a movie theater kind of movie. You know it's 3D share will be 65% or more and it's a huge movie franchise thanks to the first one in pretty much every country unlike Star Wars. 

There goes another 5 pages talk on Avatar. Look what you did.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2015 at 11:56 PM, TStechnij said:

The Revenant is just too OMG DIRECTORIAL AND ARTISIC FEAT to

miss. Bridge of Spies is still ahead of SOC and has hit some of the minor precursors. The Academy probably won't forget it. 

I think Revenant is Leo's Oscar to lose (helps that he's in an extraordinarily weak year - if Steve Jobs did better or Big Short wasn't a comedy either could've won) but I don't see it gaining traction in major categories even if the picture and Innaritu sneak in nominations. I also don't think it's going to be a commercial play (starting to think H8 may actually do better). 

Bridge of Spies has kind of been forgotten in the critics roundups and by the Globes. It's a subtle genre movie that I think while people dug it many still took it for granted. In a weird way Spotlight's lack of flashiness is calling attention to itself in the race while BOS' has pushed it out. 

I think Force Awakens could get an obligatory nom because everybody loves Star Wars (ie what BFCA and AFI did) but it hasn't a shot in hell at winning anything except the techs. Nobody's actually that passionate about the movie, especially in comparison to other blockbuster contenders Fury Road and The Martian. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

It is 5 AM and I am still here. I just can't go to sleep, this place is too good right now.

Everything ok with you? How have been the last few days?

All is good. Sister got married on Friday, so was wayyy too busy with wedding prep the past 2 weeks. The last 2 weeks have literally been a blur, have barely even been online properly.

• Like 2

Kal is a legend.  He's the most delusional poster on here.  His passion for Cameron is impressive but it blinds him in every facet of box office ability and that makes him a troll.  

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Oh he real alright 

• Like 3