#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Semantics I guess, I have a hard time including it since it's 1/2 a film....

Yeah, but it runs well over four hours, including fake trailers. Plus Death Proof is a definitely a feature film. It's almost 2 hours long, and was released as an individual DVD when released to home video.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Death Proof is a definitely a feature film though. It's almost 2 hours long.

And? It wasn't released as Death Proof here. But again, semantics the film wasn't sold as a QT vehicle like the other 8 films he has made.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

HATEFUL EIGHT will still end up being nicely profitable for the Weinsteins... much moreso than THE REVENANT for Fox.

For sure... still don't understand what FOX was thinking with that budget for Revenant... *SMH* course we could get surprised, but the Dom/OS ratio on Westerns still wouldn't be enough to actually get in the black on theatrical.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, narniadis said:

For sure... still don't understand what FOX was thinking with that budget for Revenant... *SMH* course we could get surprised, but the Dom/OS ratio on Westerns still wouldn't be enough to actually get in the black on theatrical.

Revenant's budget was greenlit at $60m and with Leo that's reasonable.   How they let Inarrutu get so out of control with it though is insane.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Last "perspective post" before I turn in for the night.

Remember this number?  84,617 Mill

Yep, that was the previous December opening weekend record.

SW is going to smash that number in its third weekend.

This film is a monster.  

8952-6905.gif

It looks to beat the January record in its third weekend, a record that destroyed the previous one before that.

i don't know if i love or hate the fact that these discussions about whether TFA numbers are great or not became a daily thing.

edit: this sentence sounds very weird, i don't know if it's gramatically right

Edited by JohnnY