#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

Before some of you say this is not that great and number, think about what you are saying. Between 90 and 100 million dollars on the 3rd weekend of this film's run. Again think about that. These are ridiculously insane numbers that we will not see duplicated for perhaps 15 years. If we are just judging them by avatars increase from 6 years ago then it's not the correct perspective.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

For our 100 million weekend?  RTH, not Obi Wan Kenobi, is our only hope.

Undoubtedly!

Help me RTH!!!!!!

R2! Play the hologram recording, damn you!

Edited by RogueLeader

3 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Before some of you say this is not that great and number, think about what you are saying. Between 90 and 100 million dollars on the 3rd weekend of this film's run. Again think about that. These are ridiculously insane numbers that we will not see duplicated for perhaps 15 years. If we are just judging them by avatars increase from 6 years ago then it's not the correct perspective.

It's disappointing in the same way a 149m second weekend was disappointing.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It's disappointing in the same way a 149m second weekend was disappointing.

This!

So close! To be that close to $150 million (or $100 million) is just exasperating.

Edited by RogueLeader
  • Like 2

Yes because we have lost perspective now and we have all gone bat shit crazy hoping for Avatar like increases and declines even though it has grossed about 400 mill than Avatar did at this point in its run.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Avatar had a 2.7 multiplier NYE w/e (I think the highest that w/e) so with that multiplier SW7 would need at least a $37m Friday for a $100m

Also

I think the very late release date change hurt this movies OW. They should have just stuck with the original date, which is what was being advertised up until  a couple of days ago.

Even at $35 million (which I think will turn out to be a bit low), we're still on target for right at $100 million I believe. I think Sunday's hold will be a bit stronger than historical holds.  It's first Sunday was historically strong, as was NYE. I'm thinking this goes 36-39-26 for $101 million. My derby prediction was a little over $98 million so I'm feeling pretty good about it so far :D

Unfortunately, Hateful 8 is killing me this weekend <_< 

Frankly ever part of this movie's box office performance has been disappointing. Like what happened to Deadline's $130-145M opening day? That was a huge disappointment when it was "only" $119M. Then we have Saturday, again, couldn't even beat Jurassic World. Let's not even get started on the weekend as a whole, not even $250M? I mean what is this Paddington 2? Jesus. 

Then we have the mid-week, *sigh*, it started promising enough with a solid $40M Monday then it was just completely downhill from there and couldn't even make more than $40M any other day of the week. And we're not at the worst part. It completely stunk up the joint on Christmas weekend by disappointing absolutely everyone with a pathetic $149M. I mean seriously? $160M would have been kind of meh, given everyone thought it could beat JW's OW on the second weekend because of Christmas, but NOPE, couldn't even break $150M. 

Then we really knew the sucker was out of steam when it only managed $30M one day this past week, again on Monday, before this horribly disappointing and frankly downright craptastic estimate of $35M on Friday. Seriously? At this rate it could take 19 days to beat Avatar. How is that anything but an astonishing disappointment? At this rate it won't even be the 5th biggest movie ever adjusted for inflation. Wake me up when we get another Gone With the Wind. This turd bucket of a box office performance is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

:P lol, sarcasm... clearly. Just in case it wasn't obvious. :D

• Like 8

Hateful Eight will not have anywhere near the legs Django or Basterds did. It lacks the star power and is frankly, nowhere near as good as those two films were. QT had his fanbase turn out for the Roadshow but I imagine mainstream audiences will find the film needlessly overlong. That is definitely good news for The Revenant, though that is still going to be a tough sell. 

• Like 1