#ED

Tuesday : TFA $7,967,428 #ED was Asleep at the Wheel(He's sicky-poo)

Haha I guess I can't comment. I work from home so I never know which day is going to be my busiest. I can usually push work around too.

It's going to be even better this year because we are hiring a project coordinator so goodbye to half of my workload every week LOL. 

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

I'm not saying it makes a noticeable difference but like half of the Star Wars fans who post in the BO thread on TFN saw the movie today lol. There were a lot of people at a matinee at my screening. It was busier than yesterday but it was also 3:40 not 12:20 so it's not comparable / relevant.

Still SW fans did what we could today :P Just rewatched ANH and I had my bottle of champagne: 10556477_415159155360593_905107271092669

Dali Represents.

• Like 1

With Discount Tuesdays it seems to be modifying viewing habits where some people that would go on a Wed go on a Tues instead.

Also keep in mind that in many parts of the US Wednesday is a 'church' night. With choir rehearsals, bible studies, Wednesday night suppers, etc. Not as big a deal as it would have been 20 yrs ago but it is still a factor. 

• Like 1

*sigh* even later to the party, as always.

The Sting: oh, I have such fond memories about this movie. When it was released in german theaters, I was about eight years old, so no Sting for me. However I remember that my step father took me to an appointment with an acquaintance who was working in the projection room back then. So I have had the chance to catch small glimpses of the movie through the little window towards the audience hall.

Years later, at the first high of the home video craze, The Sting was release here on VHS. It was such a fun movie to watch, with Newman and Redford being two of my most beloved actors in perfect symmetry together in a movie at the top of their game, so to speak. I will never forget the moment

Spoiler

at the end of the movie: sitting there in front of the tv screen, completely shocked, all watery eyes and quivering lower lip, right about to start to sob away and then... these dickheads. XD Ok, the tears started to flow nonetheless, but there is a huge difference between tears of joy and, well, the other ones.

Since then, The Sting has a very special place in my heart now and forevermore, albeit it is responsible for not letting their later work have a similar impact on me. Besides The Horse Whisperer and Nobody's Fool, that is.

There I go again, typing nostalgic nonsense and getting all teary-eyed... time to put on some Slapshot as an antidote. And Sneekers afterwards maybe. Yes, that's a good idea.

Edited by incognitoo
correcting typos
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Yeah like I have followed the box office forever and noticed Wednesday is weak I've just never understood on a personal level why that's true. I used to go to discount Tuesday's all of the time but I admit between Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday I would be most likely to go Thursday to see a brand new movie and Wednesday for an older film. So bizarre, moviegoing behavior.

Tuesday seems more logical to go in bigger numbers for the price

Thursday, as you said, means new movies, like pre-views.... = less people might watch something they playn to see e.g. within the next week or so

Costume Designers Guild Nominations: ‘Star Wars’, ‘Cinderella’, ‘Carol’ Make Cut

1 hour ago, incognitoo said:

*sigh* even later to the party, as always.

The Sting: oh, I have such fond memories about this movie. When it was released in german theaters, I was about eight years old, so no Sting for me. However I remember that my step father took me to an appointment with an acquaintance who was working in the projection room back then. So I have had the chance to catch small glimpses of the movie through the little window towards the audience hall.

Years later, at the first high of the home video craze, The Sting was release here on VHS. It was such a fun movie to watch, with Newman and Redford being two of my most beloved actors in perfect symmetry together in a movie at the top of their game, so to speak. I will never forget the moment

Reveal hidden contents

Since then, The Sting has a very special place in my heart now and forevermore, albeit it is responsible for not letting their later work have a similar impact on me. Besides The Horse Whisperer and Nobody's Fool, that is.

There I go again, typing nostalgic nonsense and getting all teary-eyed... time to put on some Slapshot as an antidote. And Sneekers afterwards maybe. Yes, that's a good idea.

I play the theme song on the piano for people.  My mom loves the movie and song so I learned it for her a lone time ago.

Slapshot is a good way to cheer up.  Get the foil and go sit in the box and feel shame

• Like 2