CJohn

THE GOLDEN GLOBES 2016 | Discuss It Live Here!

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Did Inaritu piss in everyone's drinks around here? He wouldn't quite have been my first pick either, but I thought his direction of The Revenant was superb.

Pissed in my Cheerios actually.

• Like 1

I know that defending Innaritu is now punishable on these boards by being thrown into a van and shot in the head, but I thought he actually did a bang up job with Revenant, and if he didn't seem so douchey in real-life, alot of people would appreciate the movie more. Anyway, I'm glad he beat Ridley Scott. He deserved it alot more than Ridley. McCarthy or Miller would have been cool, though. 

• Like 1

Just now, somebody85 said:

I loved The Martin too but from a film perspective The Revenant was more impressive. So I'd choose Alejandro over Ridley. A few of the long single takes in The Revenant are stunning.

I loved The Martian too but that switch to a much more Hollywood ending still annoys me.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I know that defending Innaritu is now punishable on these boards by being thrown into a van and shot in the head, but I thought he actually did a bang up job with Revenant, and if he didn't seem so douchey in real-life, alot of people would appreciate the movie more. Anyway, I'm glad he beat Ridley Scott. He deserved it alot more than Ridley. McCarthy or Miller would have been cool, though. 

If his douche-baggery pretension didn't permeate his films a lot of people would appreciate his movies more.