Alpha

88TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS Discussion Topic (LIVE! Today's discussion begins on pg 33)

even though trumbo is stupid and bad I'm not mad at academy award nominee Bryan Cranston. Dude really came up in the world since malcolm in the middle. I think this just shows how many breaking bad fans there are in the industry more than anything. :lol:

• Like 5

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Really annoyed Carell couldn't get in. Favorite performance in that category for me this year. Ironic, since he knocked out my favorite last year.

I figured if Carell couldn't get in at SAG (where both the film and TV sides would've easily come together for him), then his chances at Oscar were slim. Oh well, I'm happy we can now say Bryan Cranston is an Oscar nominee.

I'm kinda not surprised "See You Again" got snubbed. I mean, does anyone think the Academy wants to recognize the Fast & the Furious franchise (even though that didn't stop them from recognizing Fifty Shades of Grey lol) in any way? Besides, as emotional as the song is, Paul Walker was never considered a great (or even very good) actor when he was alive and that perception hasn't improved in death.

Still think Big Short is our winner? Got everywhere it was supposed to but 5 does make me a little nervous. 

Revenant wpuld normally ally be the front runner but AGI won last year and Spotlight missed too many guilds elsewhere to build momentum I think.