WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 28): Kung Fu Panda 3 - 41M, The Finest Hours 0- 10.3M, The Revenant - 12.4M...Sunday holds better than expected.....SW over 11 mill and KFP3 over 41 pg 34

• Community Manager
Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Expected for The Finest Hours. The marketing basically said, "hey, under 60? Nothing to see here!"

Decent and expected for kfp3. Though you never know how high or low animated opening Sat jumps will be in a time of year like this

Baumer's under 60 and he was really hyped for the Finest Hours.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

In fact I'm sure I can find things you've said @baumer in your 50k posts that follow that exact criteria of the exact thing you are advocating against.

I think you care more about Baumer's point than Baumer himself if you are going to look through his 50k posts just to "win".

• Like 2

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Baumer's under 60 and he was really hyped for the Finest Hours.

Baumer has a weird fixation with at sea movies it seems. His obsession with Titanic, his $175m Heart of the Sea winter game prediction, now this. :ph34r: Just become a sailor Baumer.:P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Ah, I forgot about SING, the animated musical from Universal. That will add to a great winter season.

Dont forget about Assassin's Creed and Passengers. I'm very intrigued to find out how these films are going to look. 

Will Passenger's basically be Titanic in Space?

Will Assassin's Creed be the first huge video-game adaptation?

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Baumer has a weird fixation with at sea movies it seems. His obsession with Titanic, his $175m Heart of the Sea winter game prediction, now this. :ph34r: Just become a sailor Baumer.:P

He can't. He loves the movie Jaws but he's now terrified of sharks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

There is nothing wrong with that, whether on mojo or here we have ALWAYS been allowed to mock (within some reason of decency) predictions or polarized opinions. As long as it doesn't go overboard am I wrong or not?

$0.02

Yeah but then you have everyone and their brothers chiming in, with posts designed to elicit responses (trolling). All the back and forth banter becomes annoying AF.  

But I digress, I shouldn't be talking with a freebie account. =)

• Like 1

Don't forget JAWS.  ;)

Hell I even liked.....actually LOVED Orca the Killer Whale.  Bo Derek getting her leg chewed off was magnificent.

• Like 3

Just now, Water Bottle said:

I think you care more about Baumer's point than Baumer himself if you are going to look through his 50k posts just to "win".

I don't care about winning anything, I find his premise ridiculous on a BO prediction site on the Internet where there have always been extremely passionate, differing opinions. You didn't answer my ? about whether making fun or laughing at people's predictions is against the rules.

• Community Manager
Just now, GiantCALBears said:

I don't care about winning anything, I find his premise ridiculous on a BO prediction site on the Internet where there have always been extremely passionate, differing opinions. You didn't answer my ? about whether making fun or laughing at people's predictions is against the rules.

No one, not even baumer, has suggested it's against the rules.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, babz06 said:

The Winter (Jan/Feb) will be weaker than 2014. But Spring looks to be on-par with 2014, there will be atleast 5 100m+ grossers (Zootopia, BvS,Jungle Book, Huntsman, Allegiant,) It's also possible  that 10 Cloverfeild Lane, Miracles From Heaven, The Boss or My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2  breakout with 100m+ 

Huntsman is on the $100 million bubble. It will have to open to $35 million+, which is likely but isn't a sure bet. I agree with you on the other 4 potential breakouts but any one of them can as easily tank ( < $50 million) as make $100 million +.

4 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

The Finest Hours looks like a decent movie but  I knew that it was going to be a box office bomb.

Same way I viewed it, there wasn't The Perfect Storm feel to it at all. Guess you needed a better cast & release date.

Edited by GiantCALBears