CJohn

THE 2016 SAG AWARDS - Discuss It Live Here

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Still think Big Short is gonna win. I'm okay with that. My fav movie of the year didn't get nominated, Sicario.

Spotlight is the actor's movie. Loved Keaton in it. And Liev.

The Big Short is still the favorite, yeah. 

Liev's character was super calm. It almost seemed he was sleep walking. 

Just now, CJohn said:

The Big Short is still the favorite, yeah. 

Liev's character was super calm. It almost seemed he was sleep walking. 

Tbh, because of X-Men Origins, Liev has a lifetime pass from me. I could watch the 5th Wave and call him masterful.

Big Short is about my #3 or #4 for the year, Creed was #2, so of the nominees, I'll be quite pleased if Big Short wins.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Tbh, because of X-Men Origins, Liev has a lifetime pass from me. I could watch the 5th Wave and call him masterful.

Big Short is about my #3 or #4 for the year, Creed was #2, so of the nominees, I'll be quite pleased if Big Short wins.

Of course he does :lol: 

I'm so excited that Leo will finally win but I'm even more curious about what he'll do next after he does (as far as I know, he doesn't have anything lined up that is going to begin filming in the immediate future). Will he continue being picky and only working with the most respected directors or will he sign on for a bunch of things that obviously scream "paycheck!"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm so excited that Leo will finally win but I'm even more curious about what he'll do next after he does (as far as I know, he doesn't have anything lined up that is going to begin filming in the immediate future). Will he continue being picky and only working with the most respected directors or will he sign on for a bunch of things that obviously scream "paycheck!"

Scorsese probably has something lined up soon unless Silence somehow isn't out this year.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Scorsese probably has something lined up soon unless Silence somehow isn't out this year.

I hope he does something like when De Niro did the Rocky & Bullwinkle movie and everyone was like "but...why?" only for that to be an indicator of what his script choices would be like for the next 15 years.

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Apparently he's lined with Scorsese to do a film adaptation of The Devil in The White City. Should be interesting, if it ever gets made.

43 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Seemed like a no duh to me. Definitely the most finely tuned ensemble with lots of great work but no standouts. (Except Ruffalo who stands out for the wrong reasons).

Explain, sis.

The small clip of him when they showed Spotlight for consideration made his performance look extra as fuck and messy. Is that true?

I really am buying the logic that they're giving Leo the Oscar this year simply to stop him from destroying his body, mind, and soul trying to get one.

Kind of like them giving one to Baleman for The Fighter so he would stop treating his body like a magical expanding-shrinking machine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I really am buying the logic that they're giving Leo the Oscar this year simply to stop him from destroying his body, mind, and soul trying to get one.

Kind of like them giving one to Baleman for The Fighter so he would stop treating his body like a magical expanding-shrinking machine.

Still didn't stop him from packing on the pounds for American Hustle though. :lol: Although I'm guessing he's stopped now since the things he's done to his body are...not healthy, let's just say that...and I would imagine he wants to live to see both of his kids graduate high school.

Also, best moment of the night: when Kate ran up to Leo when he won and hugged him before he made his way to the stage. Too bad her chances of winning her second this are slim to none because I can guarantee you that if they were to both pick up Oscars in the same year, that press room photo of the two of them holding their Oscars would be my permanent avatar forever.