WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

7 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

I see what you mean. Don't agree about DofP hitting a billion, tought. How was that summer too crowded? The biggest movie was Guardians of the galaxy, this years summer had 3 movies over that, and one almost as big...

2014's summer had only Guardians, Apes, ASM2 and HTTYD2 both underperformed... I don't see any summer in the years to come as slow as that one...

Overcrowded as in too many big movies cancelling each other out - in America, TASM2 and Godzilla came in the two weeks preceeding DOFP, both of which doing $90M OW already, and then you follow it up w/Fault In Our Stars and HTTYD2 in the immediate following week, alongside others like Apes, Maleficent, Transformers, 22JS, Guardians and TMNT to name a few, and yeah, X-Men didn't stand much of a chance in doing a billion w/its competition. Sure, it was a SLOOOW Summer, but still, it wasn't because of a lack of trying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

I am really looking forward to Apocalypse and IDR, but neither will come close to Deadpool on opening weekend. Xmen might end up doing around 250 million domestically, but IDR will struggle to reach even 200M. The social media buzz, trailer views, anticipation for IDR is poor. And I definitely think it will get hammered by critics even if gloriously entertaining because it will be the cool thing to do as it is an Emmerich movie afterall. 

That doesn't mean they will be flops.

14 minutes ago, DAR said:

Wait is there some backlash against the Singer directed X films that just popped up?

Marvel fans want all comic book movies to be colorful and full of jokes, because that's the only way. They are silent now that Deadpool is doing crazy numbers but they all wanted it to fail too, so that Marvel can get the rights back and reboot them using the same formula they apply to every MCU movie.

• Like 1

Uh oh I feel a ranking coming on.  Rank the X universe films.  This is pre Deadpool for me and I might be missing one

1.  X2

2.  DOFP

3.  The Wolverine

Tie X-Men:  First Class

Tie  X-Men

6.  XM: Orgins Wolverine

7.  X-Men:. the Last Stand

I recently rewatched the Wolverine and really liked that film.    Origins is not a good movie by any stretch but I still think it's leaps and bounds better than TLS.

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Overcrowded as in too many big movies cancelling each other out - in America, TASM2 and Godzilla came in the two weeks preceeding DOFP, both of which doing $90M OW already, and then you follow it up w/Fault In Our Stars and HTTYD2 in the immediate following week, alongside others like Apes, Maleficent, Transformers, 22JS, Guardians and TMNT to name a few, and yeah, X-Men didn't stand much of a chance in doing a billion w/its competition. Sure, it was a SLOOOW Summer, but still, it wasn't because of a lack of trying.

Lol. DOFP was never reaching s billion no matter what. What are you smoking 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Marvel fans want all comic book movies to be colorful and full of jokes, because that's the only way. They are silent now that Deadpool is doing crazy numbers but they all wanted it to fail too, so that Marvel can get the rights back and reboot them using the same formula they apply to every MCU movie.

Yeah this is a lie

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Uh oh I feel a ranking coming on.  Rank the X universe films.  This is pre Deadpool for me and I might be missing one

1.  X2

2.  DOFP

3.  The Wolverine

Tie X-Men:  First Class

Tie  X-Men

6.  XM: Orgins Wolverine

7.  X-Men:. the Last Stand

I recently rewatched the Wolverine and really liked that film.    Origins is not a good movie by any stretch but I still think it's leaps and bounds better than TLS.

X3's score alone puts it over Origins. That film's score was way too good for the trash heap it was.

It had always been assumed that whatever success Ryan Reynolds has enjoyed was due to his looks and not any acting skills. It's now clear that too really break out he needed to be horribly disfigured or wear a mask. 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Rate the X-Verse movies? Rate the X-Verse movies.

X2

X

DOFP

Wolverine

First Class

X3

Wolverine:Origins.

Without having seen Deadpool:

DOFP

X2

First Class

X1

Wolverine

X3

And that's it. I don't even know what a "Origins: Wolverine" is. And I don't want to, anyway.

11 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

They did, and did so in a more balanced nature than, say, Frozen, but both also had much more favorable exchange rates than we're likely to see this year. The dollar is super strong.

Additionally, the growth between 3 and 4 was pretty slim. How much expansion do you think can happen for them? China, apparently, isn't going as explosive with animation as it is with big budget live action. That requires other markets which were already big for IA to expand more. Many are doing that, but not at the same rate.

And then there's the DOM problem. It's going to drop again. Maybe, I don't know, to under 120m? In order to get to 900m that's going to need a lot to break its way.

Not saying it won't do that, but it feels like a long shot at this point.

Yeah, you're definitely right about the exchange rates, but I still think that they won't be too much of a problem to overcome. Again, the Chinese market has exploded since the last IA movie (2012), so who knows? Yeah, KFP3 isn't as big a hit there as we were expecting it to be, but that did have the poor luck of coming out at the same time as a bunch of local blockbusters, and even then it did still have a killer OW over there. Maybe IA5 won't have such bad luck.

As for the DOM issue, it is a possibility that it'll suffer another drop, so there's that, but I think it'll stay flat from IA4's numbers. I don't see it exactly as a total underacheiver to the point where it does $700M+ WW (that's the floor for me) yet it doesn't even make it to $120M in America. But then again, Terminator: Genisys of all flicks was the 1st one to do $400M WW (hell, it did nearly $500M) without even crossing the century mark in the US, so yeah.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I never said they are going to be flops. Just underperformers at domestic boxoffice. 

But is a 200-220M DOM total for both of them really an underperformance? And 120-140M for Ice Age 5? I feel like those should be the expected numbers. Below that yes, we can call it underperformance.

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I never said they are going to be flops. Just underperformers at domestic boxoffice. 

If 2012 can make 600m foreign, ID2 can make at least 700 without any problems. I would guess it lands somewhere between 800-900m total in the end.

Edited by trancedanne
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Rate the X-Verse movies? Rate the X-Verse movies.

X2

X

DOFP

Wolverine

First Class

X3

Wolverine:Origins.

Overall movie

Xmen FC

Xmen dofp

X2

The Wolverine

X3

X1 

Wolverine origins

I wouldn't put Deadpool in the list because it is in a class of its own. It's been giving us nothing but joy since the day the footage got leaked. Sheer entertainment value is unparalleled. A tour de force!

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, drakeyuuhi said:

How many of the general public watched Spider man in morning as kid? Where Deadpool was in show few times? Same goes for how many adult and kids seen Logan cartoon movie that had weapon x and Hulk in it? With that Deadpool? Go to Youtube and look at the Deadpool video and see how many people watched them? Deadpool game sold how many copies?

General public known who he was because almost everyone I have met has known of Deadpool either from comics or animes or shows. 

Now here the list of what Deadpool been in.

Agency x

Avengers in many ways from comics to cartoons.

Avengers unity squad

B.A.D Girls inc

code red

Deadpool corp

Deadpool

Defenders

Department K

F4

Great lake Avengers

Hard 7

Heroes for hire also was part of that same group in spider man cartoon

Infinites

Landau  Luckman and Lake

marvel vs capcom and he was one loved characters of that game.

Mercs for money

pale riders

Shield

secret Defenders

X men comics and cartoon and cartoon movies.

X force

X

Weapon x

Weapon plus

Thunderbolt

Ironman comic and cartoon

Thor

Spiderman comics and cartoons. 

Many others he been in. 

And tons of marvel video games. 

Perhaps you don't get what I am saying because you keep using very niche markets to justify that GENERAL PUBLIC knows who Deadpool was before the production of this movie.  They didn't know him.  

Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Hulk are very mainstream characters.  Iron Man is another similar popular but wasn't known by the general public until Robert Downey Jr. brought him to life.  

• Like 1