WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

10 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I think it'll reach very close with all those reports about sellouts in various international territories and it outpacing other movies. I think its locked to do over GoTG WW. IMO.

How is it locked to do 775M? Especially when GotG had 96.5M from China.

Jesus, people are taking crazy pills.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

Like..........

762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d9

And yup! I figured with the negative 30 degree we're having it was appropriate winter pic.

Maybe more.

And that's a really good picture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Total Treecall said:

OH yea I forgot this isn't releasing in China. Then it's locked to do GoTG - China then :P

3 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

People are forgetting this doesn't have China powah.

I think this has to be in the conversation for most shocking OW in the past decade.  I mean, American Sniper will probably take the crown for me for years to come but damn.  Even the most optimistic tracking had this at 75 (which would have been GREAT) but this thing has damn near doubled it for the 4 day.  What's even more nuts is it will almost have tripled it's budget by mid week, so this is going to be a HUGE hit for Fox.

I tried to see it yesterday and it was completely sold out so we went to see Zoolander.  Coming from someone who thinks the original really is a comedy classic,  I couldn't believe just how bad it was.  It played like a really, really shitty SNL skit and all of the films 'big' moments were just rehashes from the first.  So many cameos that it became distracting and annoying.  I knew it wouldn't live up to the first but it was just a travesty.

Gonna try to catch DP either tonight or tomorrow I hear it's fantastic.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

OH yea I forgot this isn't releasing in China. Then it's locked to do GoTG - China then :P

Yeah, I think it's safe to say Deadpool will be bigger than GotG.

If someone told me that would happen a week ago I would've had them committed to an institution.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I think this has to be in the conversation for most shocking OW in the past decade.  I mean, American Sniper will probably take the crown for me for years to come but damn.  Even the most optimistic tracking had this at 75 (which would have been GREAT) but this thing has damn near doubled it for the 4 day.  

I tried to see it yesterday and it was completely sold out so we went to see Zoolander.  Coming from someone who thinks the original really is a comedy classic,  I couldn't believe just how bad it was.  It played like a really, really shitty SNL skit and all of the films 'big' moments were just rehashes from the first.  So many cameos that it became distracting and annoying.  I knew it wouldn't live up to the first but it was just a travesty.

Gonna try to catch DP either tonight or tomorrow I hear it's fantastic.

As box office pundits that analyse this kind of stuff? Yes, American Sniper is more impressive. For the general audiences though? What's happening with Deadpool is as much unreal to them as it's to us, especially when they get to know the budget for this. 

• Like 1