WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is rated R so no.

The fact an R-rated comic book movie is looking to open within that vicinity is pretty damn astonishing. Kinda reminds me of 300's shockingly massive opening almost a decade ago (has it really been that long? Geez).

I very highly doubt it as well. Doesn't matter though. VD is a movie going holiday for adults, so this probably was the perfect weekend to release it.

Paramount must be seething right now for not moving Zoolander 2 when it was becoming obvious everything was about to go wrong for it. We don't have any numbers from last night but I'm gonna guess that it's opening for the weekend won't be much higher than Deadpool's Thursday gross.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

That leaked footage started it all. Also, this proves that it's all about having a great material. RIPD and GL failing wasn't Reynolds fault at all.

Anyone know the full story?

What changed Fox's mind? Was the rampant fan mail after the leaked footage?

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Paramount must be seething right now for not moving Zoolander 2 when it was becoming obvious everything was about to go wrong for it. We don't have any numbers from last night but I'm gonna guess that it's opening for the weekend won't be much higher than Deadpool's Thursday gross.

Zoolander 2 is also having toxic WOM. 

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Now people always bitch about how the R-rating hurts a movie. No it doesn't just as long as it's source material is good. 

Plus it sounds like kids in the US go to R rated movies regardless. Never really understood why studios were so terrified of that rating.