WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

$80m is probably now the worst case scenario for the opening weekend. Valentine's Day being on sunday will lessen drops a lot (In 2010, the biggest drops were around 10%).

A similar midnight share to AoU (maybe a tad more) puts Deadpool right at $40m. Give it a 25% drop tomorrow and a 10% drop on Sunday, and that's a 97m opening. Holy cow.

46 minutes ago, Baumer said:

This is very satisfying for me as a heterosexual Male Canadian who has a massive man crush on Ryan Reynolds. :)

you know there is full Ryan frontal in this, right? ;)  if not, now you have a reason to go see it :P 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Baumer said:

This has to be one of the biggest surprises in movie history.

Not sure I'd go that far, but along with American Sniper it does prove that January and February can make for mega breakout months. Ball's in your court, Hollywood.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will be interesting to see if families show up for this like they did for that movie.

This is rated R so no.

The fact an R-rated comic book movie is looking to open within that vicinity is pretty damn astonishing. Kinda reminds me of 300's shockingly massive opening almost a decade ago (has it really been that long? Geez).