WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

I shudder to think what the box office would be for DP if it was PG13. Yes I know the R rating made it work but lets just imagine this being PG13 with the movie being the same way it is. How much OW would we be looking at here? 200M?

PG13 wouldve hurt, not helped. I dont see how this isnt obvious now. But for the sake of the argument, if it helped, there is zero chance it would have added another $80M...come on now.

• Like 5

Just now, DMan7 said:

I shudder to think what the box office would be for DP if it was PG13. Yes I know the R rating made it work but lets just imagine this being PG13 with the movie being the same way it is. How much OW would we be looking at here? 200M?

Again, it wouldn't have been anywhere as huge without the R-rating. Literally the main selling point of the film was no-holds barred insanity with violence, language, and nudity.

• Like 3

Just now, CJohn said:

Probably less than what it ended up doing because the movie could never be the same with a PG-13 rating. 

Just now, jandrew said:

PG13 wouldve hurt, not helped. I dont see how this isnt obvious now. But for the sake of the argument, if it helped, there is zero chance it would have added another $80M...come on now.

Just now, drakeyuuhi said:

Deadpool with PG13 would give me nightmares at how bad it would be. 

No, no, no you guys are mistaking my post, the movie remains the same way it is now but just stick a PG13 rating onto it instead of R. This would mean a larger audience by default and therefore a greater OW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Probably much less than it is making now. If it was lower rated, it couldn't have the swearing, sex references and violence that has made it stand out as something different

6 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I think it would be less than what we are seeing oddly enough... Part of the appeal is the adult tone.

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Probably much less than it is making now. If it was lower rated, it couldn't have the swearing, sex references and violence that has made it stand out as something different

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

I think it would be less than what we are seeing oddly enough... Part of the appeal is the adult tone.

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

No, no, no you guys are mistaking my post, the movie remains the same way it is now but just stick a PG13 rating onto it instead of R. This would mean a larger audience by default and therefore a greater OW.

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I'm not sure you understand ratings. It is impossible for the film to remain the same and get a lower rating.

Even if it did, I don't see why it would add a huge amount. Teenagers can still see it, they just have to have an 18 year old with them. Being rated pg13 isn't going to get parents to see it as a family film when the adverts show that it isn't.

Edited by Total Treecall
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Huh?

Lets pretend instead of it having an R rating it has a PG13 rating instead. The movie remains the same way it is, nothing changes but the rating alone. This would mean the movie can be viewed by a larger audience automatically.

Edited by DMan7

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Unless you live in Portugal where the movie got a 14 rating, it would be impossible for the movie to be as it is and get a PG-13 rating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahnamahna said:

$142 million 4-day

$285-305 million DOM finish, because X-Men films tend to be extremely frontloaded (so a 2x-2.2x from the 4 day is pretty reasonable) 

Agree with Sat and Sun. I think your Monday is too optimistic. In 2010 VD was on a Sunday and Monday drops were harsh at 60-70% as opposed to 45-50% when Sunday is not VD.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2010-02-14

Also, 2.2x from a 4-day ow is not that front-loaded :). Cause if it gets 285-300m, then that's 2.5x from your 3-day ow despite inflated Sunday.

I feel with 35m Sunday, Monday will be 12-13m for a 120-121m 4-day and 240-250m dom.

Edited by a2knet

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Huh?

Lets pretend instead of it having an R rating it has a PG13 rating instead. The movie remains the same way it is, nothing changes but the rating alone. This would be the movie can be viewed by a larger audience automatically.

Yeaaaah...I suppose so.