WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

24 minutes ago, a2knet said:

47.5m => 12.7m + 34.8m

Do you guys think Saturday will increase from non-preview Friday (34.8m)? Normally it should increase 10-15% for ~40m. But with Deadpool behaving so insanely I am automatically being conservative and trying to temper it's future performance. Should stay flat at 35m. At worst go down by ~10% for 32m.

$142 million 4-day

$285-305 million DOM finish, because X-Men films tend to be extremely frontloaded (so a 2x-2.2x from the 4 day is pretty reasonable) 

• Like 1

Deadpool has his own game that sold 100K its first month, has had merchandise EVERYWHERE for years and is basically an Internet meme in his own rights.

99% of people have never read a Deadpool comic in their life but the 18-25 demographic does have a lot of people who know who he is.

• Like 2

So now this is where everybody starts going apeshit* for the box-office prospects of DC Comics. I don't think just because Deadpool blew up then automatically means that the other properties will too. First of all Deadpool had probably the best marketing campaign of any comic book film or any film for that matter for at least the last 10 years. They did an absolutely brilliant job. I'm sure Batman vs Superman will do incredibly well and I'm sure the Suicide Squad will do well. But just because this one blew up doesn't mean necessarily that the other ones will as well. We have learned time and time and time again that the success or failure of a similar movie doesn't always translate into the success or failure of other said movies.

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

So now this is where everybody starts going apeshit* for the box-office prospects of DC Comics. I don't think just because Deadpool blew up then automatically means that the other properties will too. First of all Deadpool had probably the best marketing campaign of any comic book film or any film for that matter for at least the last 10 years. They did an absolutely brilliant job. I'm sure Batman vs Superman will do incredibly well and I'm sure the Suicide Squad will do well. But just because this one blew up doesn't mean necessarily that the other ones will as well. We have learned time and time and time again that the success or failure of a similar movie doesn't always translate into the success or failure of other said movies.

Deadpool is more a movie like a Hangover than a superhero movie anyway.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

correct. you cant translate one movie's number to another. It all depends on its own marketing and potential. Suicide squad marketing so far has been good and potential is also there. But I think 150m is crazy. Today I would say 105/275 at best.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CJohn said:

This movie 4-day OW is gonna over above Alice in Wonderland 3D, Man of Steel 3D, Fast & Furious 6, Days of Future Past 3D, X-Men 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 3D, Iron Man and The Winter Soldier 3D. I am not sure if people are understanding what is happening here. 

A legendary opening weekend is in the making.

People saying Deadpool was unheard of? Look how many of copies of his game got sold? 

Deadpool team up serise with famous superheroes like Ironman and Thor? 

2015 Deadpool comic series sales were in top ten for whole year. True Batman beat him but that's Batman. Deadpool did beat X men/Justice League/ Avengers in comic sales so if he so unheard that can't happen.

Deadpool 250# death of Deadpool sold insane amount of copies.

Deadpool was part of x men series as well and even was part of X force. 

Deadpool even part of Avenger team was short bit. So yes a lot of people know who Deadpool is. He isn't a unheard or low known character. He was marvel biggest sell for last two years in comics.

• Like 3

The other crazy thing is that this proves (along with Daredevil and Jessica Jones on the TV front) that superhero movies don't need to be done in the generic PG-13 format to be successful.

Maybe, Marvel and DC might jump on more variances to their formulas.

• Like 1

48M OD for DP very good and the most shocking OD for any movie IMO. Congrats to Reynolds I heard he said a few interviews back that this would be his last comic book role ever, glad he is going out with a bang and hopefully now he sticks with this  character. I think DP's OW has a real possibility of actually coming close to or exceeding BvS's OW. WOW.

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

48M OD lmao. There is a real chance it ends as the biggest comic-book movie of the
year.

More like a slight chance.

Deadpool would have to finish $375 million+ DOM to have a legitimate chance at being the biggest superhero movie of the year. And even then, I'd imagine either Civil War or BvS (or even both) will likely cross $400 million DOM. Plus, Suicide Squad has a minor outside chance at GotG/Deadpool numbers (I'm thinking $200-250 million, since Bourne 5/Star Trek 3 are much bigger competition than KFP3/Zoolander 2 :lol: ) 

Deadpool should finish with $275-315 million DOM... phenomenal for a $58 million-budgeted R-rated spin-off of the X-Men franchise released in February. 

But 2nd place is the highest I see it going among SH films for 2016... 3rd place more likely IMO (when everybody expected it to finish 6th)