GiantCALBears

Wednesday Numbers, Deadpool $8.62m

9 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Especially since Sony only gets theatrical revenue from Spectre (Fox has the DVD rights and MGM has the TV/streaming/digital rights).

That would make less sense, then. If they don't get the ancillary revenues, then they don't see any benefit from boosting them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

BvS will open everywhere... at the same time.

Doesn't matter. If you add up all of the international OW numbers of TDKR, you'll end up with $150 million. (A quick glance at the BOM). That's with better exchange rates than today. I know BvS has 3D, but $360 million internationally is crazy.

20 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

TDKR opened in 18 countries, only a few of those being major territories. Countries like China, France, Germany, scandinavia, Mexico, Japan all came later.

BvS is opening in 51 territories according to IMDB. Including China. (and the others I mentioned)

Not really a fair comparison.

It made around $150 million from all territories OW, with 15% better exchange rates.

4 hours ago, Baumer said:

But I'm talking about initial predictions.  That's why I posted winter game predictions in here.

But the problem is that "initial" projections are all over the place from a time standpoint. For TFA, "initial" projections were from like September/October. With Deadpool, the "initial" projections were from, oh, the Friday before open, and JW was somewhere in the middle.

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Next week is the last week of Star Wars for us. It feels like it only came out yesterday. Two months is a pretty damn good run though, although hasn't lasted as long as Spectre did.

Huh, Spectre was gone fast here, pretty much gone by the time TFA came out. It had no staying power.

TFA still hasn't lost a theater in Portland in 10 weeks. Again, as I say on TFN, no clue where it loses the theaters but we have all of ours in a major city. It's like bizzaro world to me that it has lost so many theaters haha. I just keep shrugging, well, not around me.

6 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Huh, Spectre was gone fast here, pretty much gone by the time TFA came out. It had no staying power.

TFA still hasn't lost a theater in Portland in 10 weeks. Again, as I say on TFN, no clue where it loses the theaters but we have all of ours in a major city. It's like bizzaro world to me that it has lost so many theaters haha. I just keep shrugging, well, not around me.

You must live in a town of all multiplexes, then.

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Big corporations love to squash the small, seemingly pointless things that hard core fans love. Still makes me angry we had no notice before they completely cut the cord.

On the bright side, BOT are way better forums than BOM ever was.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/counts/chart/?yr=2016&wk=08&p=.htm

-2,455 TC drop for PPZ :rofl:

Deadpool is expanding into 164 theaters

Creed's dollar theater run begins

The Choice loses over 800 theaters, HC 525

TFA isn't even losing 200 theaters, excellent hold

PPZ's drop has got to be something on par with Jem, right?! It's two week contract is up and "bye Felicia" it is for that!