GiantCALBears

Wednesday Numbers, Deadpool $8.62m

Just got back from the last showing of Force Awakens at my local AMC since it's being dropped this weekend to make room for new releases.    I was only expecting a handful of people but there were about 20 of us in the theater which was pretty cool.

Before that, caught a showing of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which was also probably the last showing at the theater before it too, gets dropped.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, department store basement said:

In the San Gabriel Valley area several theaters are still playing PPZ 3 times a day. Only one theater is playing The Choice, and it's only once a day.

Is The Choice's success regionally different from PPZ's?

My backyard! :D

Just got back from Deadpool. Wow it was so so good. I loved it! That's going to be on my top 5 for the year for sure. It was hilarious!!

I was absolutely shocked at how well that movie is doing where I am too. We picked a 9:30 showing to avoid the crowds. Whoops! Didn't work at all hahaha. The huge theater was packed and we had people next to us, in front, everywhere. It was insane. But fun to see with a lot of people too, so no big deal.

Im so happy TFA gave up its IMAX to this movie and not that shitty as hell looking Finest Hours. Deadpool deserved it.

PS: though I know TFA has lost like 60% of its theaters, it has still yet to lose a single one in Portland. Our smallest theater that's a multiplex is the downtown 6-Plex and I can't believe it but they're keeping it for a 10th weekend!! They also didn't take either Zoolander 2 or How To Be Single. They kept TFA instead.

• Like 5

Dang I'm so jealous for real?! I can't believe you guys still have TFA in IMAX. I would kill for that after the last two 2D showings were kinda meh. I saw it 27 times in IMAX so I got spoiled with that. Now 7 total in standard 3D or 2D.

Im seeing it for #35 on Saturday but Friday going to The Witch.

This little period is near record territory for me at the movies. Last Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday TFA in IMAX for the last 3 times. Friday Zoolander 2, Saturday TFA again with friends, Sunday How To Be Single, Tuesday TFA again, Thursday Deadpool, Friday The Witch, and Saturday TFA again. Almost a movie per day for 12 days. I guess 10 for 12.

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

Dang I'm so jealous for real?! I can't believe you guys still have TFA in IMAX. I would kill for that after the last two 2D showings were kinda meh. I saw it 27 times in IMAX so I got spoiled with that. Now 7 total in standard 3D or 2D.

Im seeing it for #35 on Saturday but Friday going to The Witch.

This little period is near record territory for me at the movies. Last Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday TFA in IMAX for the last 3 times. Friday Zoolander 2, Saturday TFA again with friends, Sunday How To Be Single, Tuesday TFA again, Thursday Deadpool, Friday The Witch, and Saturday TFA again. Almost a movie per day for 12 days. I guess 10 for 12.

Here's my proof ;)

Tada

• Like 1