GiantCALBears

Wednesday Numbers, Deadpool $8.62m

BTW, I would be shocked if BvS opens above 200M next month.

The marketing has been great and its literally opening everywhere in the world on the weekend of March 24th, so perhaps a WW OW record can be broken, however I don't see it doing Avengers numbers.

I fully expect an OW of about 170M. This forum is going to erupt in disappointment if we go by discussions in the BvS thread(Which put to shame the old TASM threads.). So nothing "surprising" with a number below 200M.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

“@BoxOffice: ZOOLANDER 2 earned $0.68M on Wednesday. 6-day domestic total is $17.55M. #Zoolander2” 

2 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

“@BoxOffice: DEADPOOL earned $8.62M on Wednesday. 6-day domestic total is $172.4M. #Deadpool” 

Deadpool 2nd Friday > 2oolander domestic total.

• Like 3

Just now, #ED said:

The marketing has been great and its literally opening everywhere in the world on the weekend of March 24th, so perhaps a WW OW record can be broken, however I don't see it doing Avengers numbers.

I fully expect an OW of about 170M. This forum is going to erupt in disappointment if we go by discussions in the BvS thread(Which put to shame the old TASM threads.). So nothing "surprising" with a number below 200M.

That's going to happen regardless of how high or low it is.

• Like 1

I need Star Wars to start dropping 25%* or less weekly, on average. $936 million, please and thank you e gracias.

*Figure based on normalized weeks with no holiday. For example, this week's normalized earnings would have been around $6.6 million with holiday earnings excluded. I need next week to be around $4.97 million (which would really be a 45.4% drop from this week's actuals.)

Edited by Intergalactic Ping Pong
dyslexia

31 minutes ago, #ED said:

Would need $360 million international OW, which is ridiculous considering the highest international OW for a DC movie is $88 million (TDKR).

EDIT

Lets not forget that TDKR was released when the exchange rates were much better.

Edited by TommyA10

5 hours ago, Baumer said:

Yeah, predicting something to do the number is that it does, 3 or 4 days before it gets released, those aren't predictions that is going with tracking. Nobody expected Star Wars to do what it did. You might have predicted it once the tracking numbers came out and once the sellouts came out....that's not predicting,  that's just reading the news. If you tell me that more than 10% of the people thought that it would beat avatar 3 months before it was released then I'll call you a freaking liar.

Completely disagree.  There were quite a few calling for it to break the opening record and the all time domestic.  This was 5 months before it came out.  It is verified on other sites if you want to look back that far.  

Edited by nilephelan

23 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

Would need $360 million international OW, which is ridiculous considering the highest international OW for a DC movie is $88 million (TDKR).

EDIT

Lets not forget that TDKR was released when the exchange rates were much better.

BvS will open everywhere... at the same time.

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Link? So desperate for those round numbers, will probably cost them more than they will make from it.

Maybe. IIRC there actually are strong financial reasons for getting a film to $200m. Something to do with ancillary revenue and such.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Maybe. IIRC there actually are strong financial reasons for getting a film to $200m. Something to do with ancillary revenue and such.

Sony only gets theatrical revenue from Spectre (Fox has the DVD rights and MGM has the TV/streaming/digital rights).

Edited by department store basement

49 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

EDIT

TDKR opened in 18 countries, only a few of those being major territories. Countries like China, France, Germany, scandinavia, Mexico, Japan all came later.

BvS is opening in 51 territories according to IMDB. Including China. (and the others I mentioned)

Not really a fair comparison.

Edited by Total Treecall
  • Like 1