GiantCALBears

Wednesday Numbers, Deadpool $8.62m

29 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I saw Deadpool for the 3rd time last night!!! Repeat viewing value is insane. Legs are gonna be great; I wouldn't be shocked with 400M+ domestic finish.

$400m+ for this monster it IS happening. And we need a Deadpool emoticon.

• Like 1

BOM have updated their weekend prediction for The Witch:

UPDATE #1: Final theater counts for The Witch arrived Friday morning and it already looks like this is going to be bigger than estimated on Thursday afternoon. Early estimates had the film playing in approximately 1,800 theaters and A24 was keeping their cards very close to the chest. This morning we learn it's actually rolling out in 2,046 theaters even got a nice endorsement in the middle of the week with a tweet from Stephen King, "The Witchscared the hell out of me. And it's a real movie, tense and thought-provoking as well as visceral." How much that helps isn't clear, but a weekend somewhere north of $5 million now seems increasingly likely.

4 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

We hate you, leave. [emoji6]

I've been thinking to see it from Day 1, Due to heavy wok and no one to watch out the company i had to stay and didn't get a chance. I'll see this mostly tomorrow or this weekend.

Do people actually go to the movies with other people?

Huh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I don't know if that's good or bad. However, I don't see this as a Preview/Midnights film anyway.

It's Friday number matters and the Sat number will give us an idea on WOM.

It's bad.
"Son of God" made 1,2m with 10 PM previews, "War Room" made 600k in only 1000 theaters. 

Mojo:

UPDATE #2: Thursday preview numbers have arrived and Sony's Risen took in $425,000 from showings that began at 7pm in 2,329 locations. Focus Features' Race brought in $205,000 from 1,800 theaters, which is similar to the $260,000 McFarland, USA brought in over the same weekend before opening with $11 million. 

Finally, The Witch brought in an impressive $630,000 from 1,600 domestic screens. The best comparison might be to Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension, which brought in $600,000 before pulling in $8 million from only 1,656 theaters during its opening weekend. Another comparison could be to Krampus, which brought in $637,000 from Thursday previews before opening with $16.2 million. Big difference between Krampus and The Witch, however, is Krampus was playing in almost 900 more theaters. With so many updates for The Witch this morning it's now starting to look like a weekend anywhere from $6-9 million is in the cards. We'll hopefully know much more tomorrow morning providing A24 sends Friday estimates as they have been prone to only delivering overall weekend estimates without sending dailies.

With that Thursday preview and solid reviews, The Witch will surely gross +10M OW. It's not an established franchise like Paranormal Activity, which also opened close in late October.

Risen also looking to gross over 10M in its OW.

We are headed for a very solid weekend and February 2016 will become the biggest February ever. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago?