GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

So the 2nd weekend of "The Red Ryan Reynolds" beats OW of "The Green Ryan Reynolds"!

Even with a very conservative 2.5x multiplier from here, it will finish with 320M, and bitch-slap another turd (IM2).

Go Deadpool!

• Like 3

That Cinema Score was better than I was expecting for The Witch. Heard of walkouts and people being unable to watch the movie because of audiences constantly laughing at things that aren't meant to be funny.  Sadly, this is the first time since Spring Breakers that A24 has effectively marketed a movie properly, however, in doing that they have left people expecting a generic horror movie watching a slow-paced psychological period drama instead.  

16 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

That Cinema Score was better than I was expecting for The Witch. Heard of walkouts and people being unable to watch the movie because of audiences constantly laughing at things that aren't meant to be funny.  Sadly, this is the first time since Spring Breakers that A24 has effectively marketed a movie properly, however, in doing that they have left people expecting a generic horror movie watching a slow-paced psychological period drama instead.  

This sounds exactly like another babadook then, witch also sucked.. 

See what I did there

Lol puns

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fake said:

So the 2nd weekend of "The Red Ryan Reynolds" beats OW of "The Green Ryan Reynolds"!

Even with a very conservative 2.5x multiplier from here, it will finish with 320M, and bitch-slap another turd (IM2).

Go Deadpool!

No chance. I will say $335 mln will be a minimum after this weekend. $365-370 mln max. A reasonable forecast would be something between - $350-355 mln.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jessie said:

This sounds exactly like another babadook then, witch also sucked.. 

See what I did there

Lol puns

It went over my head. But I have good reflexes and I jumped and I caught it.

6 hours ago, SWXII said:

I am only interested in whether TFA gets to 930 by March. That keeps it on schedule to catch Snow and her 7 minions.

I´m in your team!

It seems at this point a very difficult goal, but don´t lose faith!!

Just a 35% drop for Panda from an inflated 3-day weekend, along with a great Monday (compared to other films) as schools were out, is surprising.

117m by this weekend + 3m Mon-Thu +  8m weekend + 2m Mon-Thu + 3m weekend (-62.5% due to Zootopia) = 133m.

Should do ~142m. I'll take that result. Multiplier of 3.5x.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Huh...?!? The Babbadook was one of the best horror movies in years. I loved it! It was rightfully very well reviewed.

If the Witch is anything like that I will love it. My plans to see it got delayed because of GFs homework and us having to go look at houses again. Grr.

TFA shouldn't have any issues getting to $930M whatsoever. If you wanted to bet that one I would be a very happy and richer man. $930M is the current floor. I see $940M as quite possible and personal prediction of $937.5.

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

A 55-60 mill second weekend is more than most of us thought it would do first weekend. Id love to see it hit 350 

Everything for "Deadpool" is icing on the cake at this point.  I guess this drop make sense because of the "R-rating".   It's playing with house money now.   I never thought 300 was in play at all before it opened.   

6 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Huh...?!? The Babbadook was one of the best horror movies in years. I loved it! It was rightfully very well reviewed.

If the Witch is anything like that I will love it. My plans to see it got delayed because of GFs homework and us having to go look at houses again. Grr.

TFA shouldn't have any issues getting to $930M whatsoever. If you wanted to bet that one I would be a very happy and richer man. $930M is the current floor. I see $940M as quite possible and personal prediction of $937.5.

Yes TFA is showing great legs. I feel it will stay around longer than normal and do 935m+.

• Like 1