kayumanggi

PATRIOT'S DAY | 12.21.16 | Lionsgate | final gross ● 31.89 M

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I always thought it was weird how big a deal the Boston bombing became in the American psyche given the (thankfully) few number of fatalities, but maybe that's just the European in me speaking. That shit really does seem to have become the norm here.

It affected a high-profile event and shut the city down for nearly a week, and it had a Hollywood-friendly action climax with a sort-of happy ending.

Wouldn't surprise me if they put that story about the guy who married the nurse that treated him in this movie.

Edited by tribefan695

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I always thought it was weird how big a deal the Boston bombing became in the American psyche given the (thankfully) few number of fatalities, but maybe that's just the European in me speaking. That shit really does seem to have become the norm here.

Because it's not the norm here. That's why it's a big deal. It was the first successful domestic terrorist attack since 9/11 and the only bombing with fatalities since then.

Mass shootings are the norm here but not bombings.

• Like 1

The thing with Paris and the Pulse shootings is that there wasn't much positive at all to take from them, no real cinematic acts of heroism to latch onto (that I'm aware of, anyway). If there were movies made about them they wouldn't be targeted at a casual audience.

My younger sister who was in BU during this is giving the picture a big side-eye about how it;s gonna be.

My younger sister was a freshman at BU when this happened. I remember calling her that day. WEIRD.

My only word on the trailer is I rolled my eyes at the opening shot of the flag.

14 minutes ago, RichWS said:

My younger sister was a freshman at BU when this happened. I remember calling her that day. WEIRD.

My only word on the trailer is I rolled my eyes at the opening shot of the flag.

I hope the film includes the bit where the local/state government asked Dunkin Donuts locations to stay open. Apparently according to my sister that was a big deal for Bostonians since Dunkin is basically the official fast food place of Massachusetts..

• Community Manager
11 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I hope the film includes the bit where the local/state government asked Dunkin Donuts locations to stay open. Apparently according to my sister that was a big deal for Bostonians since Dunkin is basically the official fast food place of Massachusetts..

Despite having crap coffee, Dunkin is the #1 Starbucks competitor in Boston.

3 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Because it's not the norm here. That's why it's a big deal. It was the first successful domestic terrorist attack since 9/11 and the only bombing with fatalities since then.

True, but it doesn't hurt that no city on Earth is as in love with its own mythology as Boston (and I say that as a fan of the place).

Edited by Hatebox