Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

6 minutes ago, Fake said:

What is the record for highest daily gross?

The way Saturday presales are going, there is a chance daily gross might hit $100M mark!!!

possible. if OD is 500m, a 27.5% bump begets 637m/$100m

yuan is dropping.  was 6.28 last month, now 6.37

@Proxima Olive @firedeep @Gavin Feng what are the chinese BO forums saying?  Are they seeing the same outcome?

1 hour ago, feasby007 said:

OD presales are seeing a decent bump in both sales and shows, the real shocker though is Saturday PS once again.

ALREADY at 16% increase today, possibly looking at a 30% increase if tonight is strong. Also the Saturday to Friday percentage just keeps increasing. Earlier it was about 70% of OD presales, now it's at just over 71% and not stopping. Phenomenal performance!

A few days extra and Sat would have had higher PS than opening day the rate at which it is going. 

OD up 14.6% at 7:30

Sat up 18% at same time

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

A few days extra and Sat would have had higher PS than opening day the rate at which it is going. 

OD up 14.6% at 7:30

Sat up 18% at same time

Saturday will be interesting, could save the weekend if OD falls short.

FF8      PS         BO        PSm

Fri       165m    417m      2.52

Sat      159m    488m      3.06

Sat PS is typically lower than OD but have a PS multi that is 20-33% greater.  e.g. 4xPS OD often leads to 5.3xPS on Sat

It looks like Saturday's PS will be considerably higher than OD and I assume the multi should still increase by at least 21% like FF8.

Thats what is making me think a 637m($100m) Saturday is possible with a 30% bump

FF7 and FF8 averaged 52% bumps on non opening saturdays

AoU and other SH average 90% bumps.  IW will have weak weekdays. Itll play better on the weekends

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Looks like 107,5ish by midnight. Fantastic number

Yup. its hasn't failed us once along the way.  Its critical that it bumps over 50% on Thur.  If so, I think we get $260m after looking at Saturday more closely.

Raising the top end, but keeping the lower end as is in case a glitch in the matrix happens

$230-270m OW

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 10
  • Disbelief 1

49 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Yup. its hasn't failed us once along the way.  Its critical that it bumps over 50% on Thur.  If so, I think we get $260m after looking at Saturday more closely.

Raising the top end, but keeping the lower end as is in case a glitch in the matrix happens

$230-270m OW

18 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

Maoyan OD prediction:

IW 447.76M

and Midnights updated to 73.85M:ohmygod:

22 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

Maoyan OD prediction:

IW 447.76M

and Midnights updated to 73.85M:ohmygod:

I am gonna take it with a grain of salt cause Maoyan prediction seems to be shitty.

Edited by LeoC

41 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

I know China can deliver a $500m weekend (as we’ve seen before) so I’m still hoping for $300m OW!

Wait wtf? NO movie has opened to $500m right?

Just now, The Mad Titan said:

No I’m saying they had one weekend that grossed $500m total. So I’m saying there is plenty of room for a $300m opening weekend if the demand is there. 

Oh i get it. 

• Haha 1