CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

If I was WB hire Whedon, he's shown he can handle team aspect. Maybe try to lure Feige from Marvel.

Feige would never leave. But Whedon might be interested. Big fan of Wonder Woman, we know that. Also pitched a Batman project back in the "development hell" era from 1998-2003ish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I missed that argument, lol. Been trying to keep my sanity these past couple days. 

A lot of discussion in the two big BvS threads the last 24 hours has been centered on how reviews affect WOM, the time period at which it does etc. I agree with you that in this social media crazed world we live in now, instant buzz matters. Even to the OD/OW.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I can't answer for him, but I wasn't. I think it'll be by at least $30m now, and it could be more. Not even $300m is certain for BvS, whatever the opening numbers are.

My answer is already somewhere in this thread. Yes, I thought it was possible since the moment DP opened that high.

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

If it goes under Deadpool's opening, I think WB fires Snyder on Monday morning. Deadpool was a D-list character with a Rated R movie. If you can't beat that with Batman and Superman in the same movie, something has gone terribly wrong. Push the reset button.

Yeah.  If it opens over Deadpool, they can at least avoid that massive P.R. disaster.  Whether they're going to want to sink, what, a billion dollars in making DC movies over the next five years with Snyder guiding the ship is another question.

• Like 1

Where is Tele when you need him?:lol: This is RT watch all over again. How many hours till we receive preview numbers? I need some people here to just shut up. Putting this and Deadpool in the same sentence when it comes to box office is pure loony talk. 

This movie will not open less than deadpool.

The things you read in here.

One of the most anticipated movies of the year with a gigantic fanbase for both superheroes opening at less than $132 million.

The movie can drop 75% next weekend, but this is NOT opening below $132 million.

I can bet money with anyone here. Heck, be my bookie and give me that line. O/U at $132 million. :D

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

If I was WB hire Whedon, he's shown he can handle team aspect. Maybe try to lure Feige from Marvel.

The difference between Disney and WB is WB dont know shit about CBM's they just trust that their directors do. Like Warner, Disney execs dont know shit about CBMs either, so they hire a nerd that does and put him in charge.

I would totally join an under Deadpool domestic club, and in fact think it is far more likely than not at this point. But OW......not quite there. Not for nothing, but the fanbase of BvS is absolutely massive (Batman is the original OW king, remember), the marketing campaign is as large as any outside of SW I've seen (on par with JW), and presales are strong. I say it has a huge OD then craters, but enough to get to 150 or so.

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

This movie will not open less than deadpool.

The things you read in here.

One of the most anticipated movies of the year with a gigantic fanbase for both superheroes opening at less than $132 million.

The movie can drop 75% next weekend, but this is NOT opening below $132 million.

I can bet money with anyone here. Heck, be my bookie and give me that line. O/U at $132 million. :D

No it might not, but it could sell less tickets than Deadpool on OW

So.... any news on previews and/or OS numbers, here? This IS a box office thread after all, I think.

Just now, CJohn said:

If I say Colin Trevorrow for Justice League, will I get crucified?

Not from me. But he's too busy plotting which type of shoes will Bryce Dallas Howard be in when she outruns a raptor in Jurassic Solar System. :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, James said:

Where is Tele when you need him?:lol: This is RT watch all over again. How many hours till we receive preview numbers? I need some people here to just shut up. Putting this and Deadpool in the same sentence when it comes to box office is pure loony talk. 

Deadpool would be at around 150+ OW with 3d. Its unlikely BvS fails to reach that, but lets not rule it out just yet.  

4 minutes ago, James said:

Not for another day. It's not even 1 pm here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Feige would never leave. But Whedon might be interested. Big fan of Wonder Woman, we know that. Also pitched a Batman project back in the "development hell" era from 1998-2003ish.

Probably so but WB needs somebody other than Snyder to oversee the DCCU. I don't think fanbase can take another critical failure. We need some fresh blood for JL.

• Like 2