CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I disagree with this statement.

Everybody thought doing a modern Transformers movie was a bad idea.

Bay made the Transformers cool I am sorry, ask the kids of today, they d tell you.

Who thought Transformers was a bad idea?

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It would be the prequels all over again except he'd add poop jokes and American flags.

Idk, the prequels already had poop jokes AND bodily... substances jokes (icky icky goo). But he could bring us some racial stereotypes. And robot genitals. I guess Disney would love this kind of controversy. The star spangled banner would be cool though.

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

The AVENGERS also didn't have a 31% Approval rating either at RT like BvsS does..

30% now, lowest it's fallen. Top critics rating is only one point ahead of the Greek Wedding sequel.

Who knows though maybe there will be this huge disconnect between the critics and audiences. Maybe the bad reviews will lower their expectations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

Idk, the prequels already had poop jokes AND bodily... substances jokes (icky icky goo). But he could bring us some racial stereotypes. And robot genitals. I guess Disney would love this kind of controversy. The star spangled banner would be cool though.

BAY HUMOR is special because as a document of the Ferrari-driving high school CHADSTER's concept of how comedy works, it's FASCINATING

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Baumer said:

So Avenger did 18 million in previews and if BvS does 18 mill itll be a disaster?

For being a veteran poster

The lack of box office logic shown in that post is a fail.

I expect better...not being harsh.. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Based on LA what are you saiyng the previews will be

He said it is looking to have more sold out shows there than Ultron.

ok first appearance in here, but any clue yet on numbers?  I know it is hard to even extrapolate but can someone save me reading through 60+ pages of nothing? :P 

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

BVS has a chance of doubling CF's sellouts in LA. And 3D to help. 

Yet Imax is not selling out here...

Wish we had some fun here

SW7 was a lot fun to track lol 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Another thought: Worst thing about the movie was the absolute garbage that was Wonder Woman's theme. The people here who were talking it up either have no ear for music or they embraced the Troll Luthor in them.

Speaking of which: Troll Luthor MVP. Batfleck secondary MVP.

• Like 3

Just got out, not particularly happy about it. It's a jumbled mess, too many storylines. Editing is all over the place as well. Honestly, BvS easily could have split into 2 movies. Batman is easily the best part of the movie while Superman the worst. Brutal and efficient nature of Batman fighting style was impressive. Affleck was great, no question about it. Now to Superman, smfh, Snyder can screw himself with that portrayal. I don't want give details but if you're a Superman fan you're going to be disappointed. Gal is fine as WW. Overall, 5.5/10 maybe 6 but that's being generous. Snyder needs to gtfo off of JL.

15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

180-220M DOM.

I think FOX wants more.

Anything above $200M would be quite good for Independence Day. It's a long-gestating sequel finally seeing the light of day, after all.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 75live said:

ok first appearance in here, but any clue yet on numbers?  I know it is hard to even extrapolate but can someone save me reading through 60+ pages of nothing? :P 

There are no numbers. Yes we've made it 60+ pages because of arguing about whether this movie is good or not. It's the same thing on every page. 

• Like 3