CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Let us support discussions based on facts and figures and not encourage flame wars. Our forums are probably the best one right now despite the existence of some who don't follow rules. If you disagree, then go to IMDB  or SHH. Have a great time there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joel M said:

For mega blockbusters it's really a no brainer.

Deathly Hallows 1&2     2,3 billion WW

Breaking Dawn 1&2      1,5 b.

Mockingjay 1&2            1,4 b.

But for smaller stuff it can backfire big time

tumblr_n31qc6ygb51sbz7kao1_500.gif

Gosh, this makes me excited for the prospects of Fantastic Beasts. I really hoped we would get a trailer with BvS tho<_<

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Let us support discussions based on facts and figures and not encourage flame wars. Our forums are probably the best one right now despite the existence of some who don't follow rules. If you disagree, then go to IMDB  or SHH. Have a great time there.

But the facts and figures are divergent in themselves lol...

10 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Batman Returns is the best comparison. Also got a B.

Except back when BR came out even movies with "mixed" receptions could get almost a 4x multi. It would be fascinating to see the reactions from critics and audiences if BR came out now. It doesn't have any of the crowdpleasing elements of modern superhero movies, but it also has more artistic vision and depth in one scene than most comic book movies released in the last 10 years have in their whole running time.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Oh.....that one character, eh?

Yep. Though it was only one watchman character, he was portrayed by two vigilantes through two generations. So you could say there have been owls in the movie. XD

Nonetheless I am pretty sure Ethan meant the movie with the cgi owls. I just was joking. ;o)

2 minutes ago, James said:

Gosh, this makes me excited for the prospects of Fantastic Beasts. I really hoped we would get a trailer with BvS tho<_<

As a huge JKR fan I can't wait too, but we really dont know yet how big is gonna be. It will most certainly have a flimsier connection to HP than what Hobbit had to LOTR.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So basically, this will most likely end up with around 370M Domestic, which isn't a bad start I suppose, but for being WB's version of The AVENGERS, It's a pretty lackluster start to their franchise and certainly not MARVEL.. One would have to imagine of George Miller Directed this movie, then did JUSTICE LEAGUE, how that would've fared compared to Zack Snyder??? :popcorn:

Again: This is NOT JL, It's BvS!

whole JL charachters are like 5% of this film, how can you say it's WB's version of The Avengers??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joel M said:

As a huge JKR fan I can't wait too, but we really dont know yet how big is gonna be. It will most certainly have a flimsier connection to HP than what Hobbit had to LOTR.

I agree. But then again, I'd say HP has a bigger fanbase that is well known more than anything else for it's loyalty and consistency. Either way it will be a test of the brand's power.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good Friday was yesterday and kids had off.

Oh, There were several people yesterday here saying that good friday is not a holiday in the US. Fair enough.

Just now, Heat Vision said:

Snyder said this cost less than Man of Steel. Is that believable? Man of Steel definitely had a lot more CGI but I'm sure Affleck's paycheck isn't small.

way less cgi like 80% less i can defiently see this costing less money to make

2 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Snyder said this cost less than Man of Steel. Is that believable? Man of Steel definitely had a lot more CGI but I'm sure Affleck's paycheck isn't small.

Yeah, that's believable.

2 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

It is possible. Look at the final 90 minutes of both movies. Which one do you think it was cheaper :P ?

5 minutes ago, Darth Homer said:

Except back when BR came out even movies with "mixed" receptions could get almost a 4x multi. It would be fascinating to see the reactions from critics and audiences if BR came out now. It doesn't have any of the crowdpleasing elements of modern superhero movies, but it also has more artistic vision and depth in one scene than most comic book movies released in the last 10 years have in their whole running time.

I always found fascinating the wildly different legacy of Batman Returns in Amerca and Europe. Here BR especially before Dark Knight, it was considered something of a golden standard of superhero movies for both critics and regular people. Maybe it's because comic books were never as big as they were in America here, especially before the 00s. But it's funny.

• Like 2